Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Sustainable Food Systems Manager candidates for the USAID-funded Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The purpose of the Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, specifically, Ituri Province.
The Sustainable Food Systems Manager will lead efforts to develop sustainable food systems and ensure that lessons learned are captured.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience in post-conflict and insecure environments as well as proven experience to implement complex programs in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Additionally, s/he should possess:
* Bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, economics, or other agronomic fields;
* Five years of international experience with agricultural sustainable food systems development activities in the technical area of management responsibility in sub-Saharan Africa; experience designing and overseeing resilience and food security programs a plus;
* Experience in Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu and Tanganyika or similar context strongly preferred;
* Demonstrated success using facilitation in at least one of the following: the USAID value chain approach, M4P (Making Markets Work for the Poor), or Market Systems Development approach, which led to greater competitiveness and inclusiveness in markets;
* Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
* DRC nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at:http://bit.ly/FoodSystemManagerDRC
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.