Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Project Assistant (Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant)
Duty Station : San Salvador
Classification : Grade G5 equivalent
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Graded Contract,
six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : January 12th,2021
Reference Code : SVN2020/015 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission and the secondary supervision of the National Project Officer (Project PIONERO) the selected candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient Monitoring and Evaluation ( M&E) support to the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Support the design, development, and implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) activities of relevant projects according to objectives in close coordination with relevant colleagues in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
• Assist in the design and development of monitoring tools.
• Conduct data collection – ensuring data protection principles – using diverse methodologies and tools including surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc.
• Develop clear and interesting data presentation for inclusion in projects’ information products (e.g. PowerPoint presentations, information sheets).
• Design information products for diverse stakeholders.
• Maintain organized and up-to-date tracking of projects’ indicators.
• Contribute to analysis and reporting of projects’ progress and identification of best practices and lessons learned.
• Support project development, including development of M&E tools.
• Support internal and external project evaluations.
• Assist in the coordination and preparation of donor reports in line with the M&E plans and agreed reporting schedules.
• Perform administrative tasks as may be assigned.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in International Relations, International Development, Political Science, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with 3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in M&E or similar roles.
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Experience with statistical, database, and design software (e.g. STATA, SPSS, Access, Publisher and/or InDesign) would be an advantage.
• Previous work experience in international organizations and/or NGOs.
• Knowledge of UN, USAID and other donor M&E requirements an advantage.
• Prior experience working in migration and/or development fields an advantage
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail address: email@example.com by January 12th, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Personal History Form optional.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Personal History Form, Resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 12th, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
KEEP IN MIND:
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.