Organization:Swedish Red Cross
Place of assignment:Dhaka, Bangladesh
Type of posting:International delegate, family posting (subject to applicable labor and tax law)
Desired starting date:as soon as possible
Contract period:12 months, with the possibility of extension
Swedish Red Cross (SRC) Asia and Pacific Unit is seeking a Country Representative to be based in Bangladesh, Dhaka. We are looking for someone that can strengthen our humanitarian support to Bangladesh, including SRC’s role in support to the protracted crisis in Cox Bazar and the annual cycle of disasters affecting the country. The country representative will lead a team managing a bilateral programme in Northern Jamalpur district.
The Asia and Pacific Unit is responsible for SRC long-term program support and support to disasters response in the region. It manages relations to partners – International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and other Red Cross/Red Crescent National Societies (NS) – all in accordance with SRC humanitarian strategy.
The Country Representative (CR) is responsible for the strengthening of the SRC partnership with the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) and the cooperation with the rest of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners and for the successful management of SRC supported programmes in Bangladesh.
The CR will work closely with the BDRCS and partners to manage a programme portfolio focusing on health, disaster risk reduction and organizational development. The portfolio includes a bilateral programme “Integrated Resilience Programme”, where the CR will line-manage two project management staff.
The CR also coordinates development and quality assurance of SRC supported projects and emergency response operations; conducts regular monitoring of supported programmes; coordinates evaluations and follows up on financial and risk management; as well as writes reports. The CR actively contributes to the coordination between emergency response and long-term programmes.
The position demands flexibility, and ability to adapt to new priorities, as well as frequent travel to areas of operation. Formal responsibility for delegate and their security lies with the Head of Unit, but the CR will be in charge of adequately briefing SRC personnel traveling within Bangladesh.
The CR serves as the SRC representative in Bangladesh. This includes, including establishing, developing and strengthening the relationship with the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) in Bangladesh as well as other relevant organizations such as the European Union and the United Nations. The position is based in BDRCS office in Dhaka and reports to SRC’s Head of Unit for Asia and Pacific, based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Required qualifications and experience
- Relevant University degree in humanitarian aid, development, political science, international relations, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in a humanitarian context, either at head quarter level or in the field, preferably in Asia
- Experience of coordination with organisations and stakeholders in the humanitarian aid sector
- Experience of acting as the representative for an organization
- Experience of programme management, including financial reporting
- Strong written and oral command of and ability to work in English
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office
- International Driving License
- Capacity building and facilitation skills
- Experience from humanitarian work within the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Experience of working in a conflict context and relevant security training (e.g. HEAT)
- Ability to work in Swedish
- Result oriented and able to ensure that SRC works towards intended objectives
- Flexible, responsible and with good collaborative skills
- Analytical and able to develop and assess project proposals and reports
- Systematic and structured, able to quickly prioritiz
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
To apply please go to:https://u.workbuster.se/?u=4F626D8E40D94829B21C73EED38BC6D2
Please note that only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
We kindly decline any offer of services from recruitment agencies or consultants.