Organization: Solidarités International
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 3 months with possible extension according to funding
Location: Amman (Jordan)
ABOUT THE MISSION IN SYRIA
SI, which has been present in Syria since 2013 is dedicated to work on recently opened and challenging areas to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. Main current activities are related to emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation) and distribution of essential NFI (winterization) and cash.
The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The LEARN consortium (Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria.
There are 3 implementing bases in Syria with the coordination in Amman. The total financial volume of the mission will increase to 13.5 million EUR from the end of 2018. The mission will reach a number of 66 expatriates and 340 national employees.
The NWS intervention is targeting Azaz district remotely from Amman through a WASH, Winterization and contingency plan, to support to displaced population and host communities. The main activities are water trucking supply, construction and maintenance of sanitation facilities, infrastructures rehabilitation, waste removal services, distribution of hygiene kits & top ups and of emergency and new arrival shelter kits and hygiene promotion.
ABOUT THE JOB…
- Supervise all administrative, accounting, financial and HR activities of the NWS operation;
- Manage, monitor and train the members of his/her administrative team.
The main challenges:
- To ensure SI Procedures are in place and understood by everyone in a remote management set up;
- To monitor, make respected and update/improve if necessary the remote management procedures,
- To develop, improve and secure all financial and HR operations under a remote management process;
Priorities for the first 2/3 months
- Ensure that remote management processes for NWS support teams are in place and improve these if deemed necessary;
- Identify needs of improvement and capacity building needs;
- Define and implement a capacity building plan for the operations manager.
ORG CHART POSITION (REPORTING AND FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS)
- Line manager : Field CoordinatorNWS
- Line report(s) on base: Administrative Deputy, Administrative Assistant
- Functional manager: Finance & HR Coordinators
- Post-graduate degree in business administration, Finance or Accounting, Logistics or HR or similar field
- Strong management skills;
- 1 previous experience as an Admin manager
- Prior experience in remote management would be an asset;
- Strong capacity building skills;
- Strong management skills;
- To speak Levantine Arabic would be an asset
Living conditions in Amman are very good and staff has access to a wide range of restaurants, cafes and bars. Most of occidental products (food, clothing…) are easily accessible in Amman. The country also proposes several destinations for weekends.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: starting from 1980€ gross per month, according to experience (including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 700 USD.
Vacation: during the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time-off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 750 USD allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link :
CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/