Organization: UN Children’s Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope…
UNICEF Mali is working in regions that lack basic social services and have been affected by political instability. We are also supporting the government in improving child survival, development, and protection. Our work focuses on strengthening community resilience, building capacity, and advocating equitable policy. We are working with partners to improve health, nutrition, WASH access, and education. We are part of an innovative multi-sectoral program to tackle stunting, and are investing in sustainable schooling.
Join our team and help us make sure every child has a champion.
How can you make a difference?
The HR Officer reports to the HR Manager for close guidance, training and supervision. The Officer provides support to the supervisor and colleagues in the unit by executing HR services through applying knowledge of theoretical HR models, as well as understanding of organizational HR policies and procedures.
- Through research of policies and analysis of data, provide support to the HR Business Partner in advising their clients on HR-related needs and developing subsequent plans of action.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
- Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
- Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
Strategic Human Resources
- Liaise with the HQ Divisions, regional and country offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation. Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
Support to Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services
- Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
Learning and Capacity Development
- In collaboration with business owners, support the design and delivery of learning plans for staff.
- Contribute to the mapping of competencies for all staff included in the assigned client portfolio, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
- Research on efficient and cost-effective learning products which enable staff to develop their skills and competencies.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- Provide orientation briefing to new staff.
HR Data Analytics
- Collect, interpret and analyze HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of data collection systems to optimize data quality.
- Coordinate with country offices and partners to provide assistance in their HR information management.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education:An Advanced University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field is required. A first-level university degree with additional two years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
- Experience:Two years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Language: Fluency in English and French is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Relating & Networking (I)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following instructions and procedures (II)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Please note that is a non-family duty station.
Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516410