Organization: Save the Children
The role – Talent Management and Capacity Building Manager: Global Humanitarian Surge Platform
As part of our humanitarian ambition and 2030 global strategy, Save the Children is developing and implementing a new Surge Capacity Model to further improve the efficient deployment of high quality surge staff to support the delivery of our Humanitarian Responses.
The Talent Management and Capacity Building Lead will support the humanitarian and emergency response work of Save the Children, through designing, implementing and driving a culture and processes that support effective performance management, talent management and capacity building of staff to deliver the learning and development strategy of the GHSP.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of managing and delivering capacity building and learning and development programmes in a humanitarian context.
- Significant experience of designing high quality and impactful blended learning programmes.
- Knowledge and direct experience of a wide range of people and talent development approaches including excellent facilitation, coaching and training skills
- Knowledge and Experience of implementing and embedding performance management and talent management systems in a Regional or Global environment that ensure diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and organisational skills, gained through managing complex cross-organisational projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong people manager, competent in coaching and mentoring others, both within the team and more widely across the organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to bring out the best in people from a range of backgrounds and cultures
- Good experience of working with people, programmes and projects remotely
- Demonstrated planning and co-ordination skills, pro-actively seeking opportunities that strategically align with the GHSP.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and develop new ways of working.
- Highly developed relationship building, influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills, with ability to liaise with a range of internal and external key stakeholders. Adaptable working style and effective when working in situations that may appear ambiguous
- Clear thinker who can remain calm and focused when working under pressure
- Experience of working in a humanitarian context or in emergency response
- Working knowledge of Arabic, Spanish or French would be an advantage
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2RvZGVlbi41NjQ0OC4zODMwQHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZH…