TATU Project is a non-profit organization that facilitates equal and sustainable development for the rural community of Msitu
wa Tembo and Londoto in Northern Tanzania. We address community needs and build effective solutions through active
collaboration with members of the community and relevant stakeholders.
TATU ADVENTURES’ PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
TATU Adventures is a branch of TATU Project which operates as a tour agency to generate income for the social and economic
projects benefiting the communities in Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto. By collaborating with a number of local partners
including independent guides, Tanzanian owned safari and climbing operators and relevant stakeholders we aim to provide a
high quality and authentic travel experience in Tanzania while contributing to the development of sustainable tourism in the
Kilimanjaro region. Our current work in sustainable tourism includes workshops, developing environmental, social, and
economic sustainability strategies as well as financially supporting the projects run by TATU Project.
TATU Adventures currently offers a variety of day and overnight trips within Kilimanjaro region, safari, mountain climbs and
beach packages tailored specifically to our clients’ needs and desires.
For more information of services offered to clients see: http://www.tatuproject.org/travel-in-tanzania
The role of the Project Coordinator is to support the Program manager and team members in daily operating duties whilst
working together towards long-term goals and strategies. This will support the project to become more sustainable.
● Gain thorough understanding of current status of the project and plan with the team on appropriate strategies and
● Develop and implement a long term sustainability strategy, encompassing environmental, social and economic
aspects of TA’s work from existing strategies.
● Prepare activities necessary to conduct and clarify to reach the objective.
● Develop M&E system alongside the R&D manager and collect relevant data.
o content and methodology, research and develop tools required for projects.
● Assist in planning and delivering relevant guide workshop content as required.
● Build databases and gather relevant information.
● Support communication of TATU Project’s/ TATU Adventures’ goals with partners and key stakeholders and vice
● Support the Program Manager in areas necessary.
● Assist in budgeting and accounting of projects.
● Develop social media content to promote project initiatives.
● For more information about TATU Project and TATU Adventures please refer to www.tatuproject.org
It is essential for you to have:
● An undergraduate degree in Environmental Management and/or Sustainability, Environmental sciences, Tourism
Management or a relevant degree or a minimum of 2 years experience working in a management role within the tourism
industry, focussing on responsible/sustainable tourism.
● Cultural sensitivity.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● A proficient level of English skills, writing and oral.
● Proven time management skills.
● Innovative and analytical thinker, with an ability to find solutions to complex problems whilst incorporating the values of
● Ability to work well in a team and autonomously.
● Proven interpersonal skills/ability to deliver high standards of customer service.
● Passion and values that align with TATU Project.
It is desirable for you to have:
● Experience working/volunteering and living overseas, preferably in a developing country.
● Experience working/volunteering with a NGO.
● Experience in project coordination.
● A good grasp of accounting and finance concepts.
● Computer literate across MS office applications and Google online suite.
● The volunteer position is UNPAID.
● The minimum time commitment is 6 months, but there are opportunities to extend on mutual agreement.
● VISA, flights and health insurance are not included.
● The volunteer house and office is located in Moshi, Tanzania.
● The working week will mainly consist of office hours with an occasional requirement to work in the field.
● Live and work abroad at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Moshi, Tanzania with an international NGO.
● Conduct field work supporting and working with local communities and gain strong hands on experience.
● Work with a diverse international team while learning about sustainability, tourism, and international development.
● Experience in collaborating with local & international partner organizations.
● A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment.
● Participate in day trips and activities in and around Moshi.
● Experience in developing strategies
How To Apply
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TA Coordinator Application from Idealist”