Teach for India Youth Fellowships
Applicants are invited to submit their applications for “Teach For India” Fellowship Program which is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising youth, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from low-income communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools.
Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals, and parents, their Fellows get exposed to the grassroots realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
Teach For India offers fellows the chance to make a real difference in tackling one of India’s most pressing challenges — educational inequity.
The Fellowship will help fellows to develop leadership skills that are critical in today’s dynamic global work environment. The Fellowship Program gives fellows an opportunity to become a part of the solution and a change agent in society.
How Does Teach for India’s Approach to Teaching Differ From Traditional Approaches?
At Teach for India, they believe that Teaching is Leadership. For their Fellows and Students to be leaders, they focus on building skills and mindsets through their Leadership Development Journey.
The LDJ takes Fellows through 8 milestones in which they explore where their classroom is on the Student Vision Scale, where they are on the Fellow Commitments Scale, what Competencies they need to work on and which Opportunities they can avail of to work on those.
This is a cycle to build reflective practice throughout the journey.
The Student Vision Scale defines the kind of Academic Achievement, Values and Mindsets and Exposure and Access their students need to have path-changing learning and make them student leaders.
The Fellow Commitments Scale defines the three commitments, to Personal Transformation, to Collective Action and to Education Equity that all of us in the movement need to be leaders who will go on to eliminate educational inequity in the country.
Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 20,412 per month. If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from Rs.5,300 to 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay. In addition, Fellows will receive an allowance for school supplies.
- Teach For India is looking for potential Fellows who have exhibited academic proficiency, demonstrated leadership, strong organizational skills, hold a graduate degree and are inclined to make a commitment to the community. Students and professionals with a Bachelor’s
- Degree at the time of joining the Fellowship are invited to apply.
- The Fellows are going to be leaders of the movement towards educational equity. Aside from passion and commitment to the vision of educational equity, the fellowship looks for leadership potential that can develop through the two-year Fellowship.
- The Fellows are critical thinkers and problem solvers. They have grit, courage and set high expectations for themselves and for others. They demonstrate interpersonal skills through their interactions with various stakeholders.
- Fellowship is looking for diversity in their cohort, and their Fellows come from across the country, with varied levels of professional experience college students, working youth, experienced professionals, and entrepreneurs.How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply through the given website.
Apply by 20th October.