Volunteer for: CADIP
Volunteers will help at a secondary school in Kayole Estate, Nairobi County. The school aims to enhance the quality of education offered in Kayole, and improve the transition rate of students joining public universities. The school currently has over 80 students.
In addition to its academic mission, the school aims at nurturing the talents of some former school dropout teenagers. As a result, the school soccer team became Embakasi District champions and proceeded to Nairobi County games.Volunteer duties:
• Teaching a combination of subjects i.e. Mathematics, English, Chemistry and Sciences
• Counseling sessions on issues relating to drug and substance abuse
• Assist local volunteers in provision of basic needs to the children such as cooking, cleaning etc.
• Visiting and helping orphans and vulnerable children in the nearby slums
• Playing and organizing games and sports with the neighboring schools
Duration of the project:1 to 12 months
Arrival and orientation:There will be a 3-day orientation seminar for new volunteers including Nairobi city introduction. The orientation starts on the first Monday of every month. It is recommended that volunteers arrive at least one day before the orientation starts.
HOW TO APPLY
CLICK HEREto sign up and learn more!