Volunteer for: AHADI Community
Many poor children and orphans are likely to drop from school in Kenya due to several reasons which include; cultural practices like early marriages and female genital mutilation (FGM), poverty, HIV/AIDS, inadequate facilities, high cost of education post primary, high school dropout rate, poor management and supervisory and understaffing due to free primary education and lack of skilled teachers. The most affected are girl child and orphans. We have opportunities for volunteer teachers to assist with teaching at primary, secondary and technical schools.
- providing support to children with mathematics, reading and writing on an individual, class or small group basis
- giving extra help to children with special needs
- English Teaching
- helping to develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate materials
- motivating and encouraging pupils
- assisting with marking and correcting work
- attending meetings and reviews
- helping with school events, trips and activities.
- We also have opportunities at early childhood development through nursery schools for those interested offering services for young children.
- Basic teaching skills for this volunteer opportunity are an added advantage but not a requirement.
- College students, recent University graduates, professional teachers and lecturers on vacation, retired teachers can apply.
- All the teaching positions are in Rift valley province which has spectacular tourist attraction sites.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
HOW TO APPLY
You can also Email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.