Cufa is an International Development Agency with a focus on promoting financial inclusion and increasing financial literacy and improving economic livelihoods. Cufa has been developing community access to affordable financial services in the Asia Pacific region for 50 years, working cooperatively at grass-roots through to government levels, building capacity in emerging financial cooperative movements to create sustainability, improve lives, and relieve poverty.
Cufa is seeking an Australian or New Zealand National to work intermittently across 7-years project to be implemented across the Cook Islands, Fiji, Samoa, the Solomon Islands, Tonga and Vanuatu. The project’s objective is to build the capabilities and support for COVID-19 affected MSMEs to recover and grow in the post-pandemic period through i) strengthening the enabling environment for MSMEs and ii) improving business development services for MSMEs and improving their access to these and to finance.
- At least 10 years of proven experience in developing national strategies and policies for the private sector and particularly MSMEs in a developing country context, such as in the Pacific, will be desirable;
- Experience working with national governments and private sector actors to develop the private sector and the MSMEs during a crisis or prolonged economic downturn;
- Experience working with MSMEs especially providing business advisory and development support; putting them on a sustainable and resilient pathway; educating and training them, and building their financial capability for access to finance;
- Experience working with MSMEs in resetting, rebuilding, and repositioning their operation during a difficult phase of a business cycle or crisis will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven experience in management of complex projects, especially in the finance and private sector development context;
- Ability to manage a diverse team of international and national experts on complex assignment to deliver effective results; and
- A degree in banking and finance with extensive knowledge of MSME sector development and enterprising challenges businesses face in the Pacific will be highly preferred.
How to apply
If you can demonstrate the specified assigned tasks, please forward a covering letter and your up-to-date CV to email@example.com using the subject line ‘Team Leader and MSME Development Expert’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be filled before the closing date: Closing date: 12 March 2021.
Cufa takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organisation we expect all staff members to comply with our child protection policy. The successful candidate will need to sign a child protection declaration and undergo referee checks.