Chemonics seeks a technical advisor for the ongoing United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Burma. The project, provides commodity procurement and logistics services, strengthens supply chain systems, and promotes commodity security for partner countries all over the world. The GHSC-PSM project in Myanmar provides comprehensive supply chain management support for the Ministry of Health and Sport (MoHS) with strategic guidance from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). The technical advisor will will manage the implementation of an integrated LMIS for HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria (ATM) health commodities, ensuring improved supply chain data visibility at the central, state/region, township, and health facility levels. This position will be based Yangoon Burma. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Lead and manage TA for rollout of national LMIS and electronic LMIS (eLMIS) platform, mSupply
· Develop and manage plans to implement warehouse inventory management solutions
· Provide TA to support stock management, procurement, and supply planning
· Supervise and lead technical teams and exhibit values consistent with Chemonics, fostering a culture of “Living our Values” within the team
· Monitor and evaluate LMIS performance, documenting progress on achieving desired performance
· Assist with the development of quarterly reports and annual work plans
· Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and their potential application in project work
· Manage relations with USAID Mission in Myanmar and other stakeholders e.g., implementing partners (IPs), MoHS, vendors, donor organizations, and short-term technical assistance (STTA) providers
· Manage and leverage resources from other donors including the 3MDG and the Global Fund
· Provide technical oversight of vendor supported activities to ensure the delivery of high-quality products in accordance with contractual and system requirement specifications
· Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by Country Director **
· Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in information science, information systems, social science, information management, global information systems, communications, or related field is desirable. A first-level university degree in combination with four additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Preferable with second degree holder in Pharmacy, public health, or medicines.
· 3 – 5 years combined experience in TA and management of public health programs, health data management, and analysis is desirable
· Current technical and team management skills demonstrated in a technical setting
· Demonstrated knowledge of LMISs, data warehousing, business intelligence, and data visualization and associated software solutions
· An understanding of pharmaceutical supply chain management with experience in the implementation and maintenance of national LMISs for health commodities is desirable
· Experience with LMIS’ such as mSupply, Logistimo, etc. desired
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
· Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
· Experience training and developing guidelines, e.g., standard operating procedures
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Experience building effective relationships with government counterparts strongly preferred
· Experience successfully managing teams and vendor relations
· Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID-funded public health programs or projects in low to middle-income countries or low-resource contexts is preferred
· Ability to travel locally and internationally as required to achieve project objectives
· Fluency in English reading, writing, and speaking
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Technical Advisor, Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) in the subject line to GHSCPSMMyanmarRecruit@gmail.com by November 6, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.