CARE Indonesia is currently recruiting:
Technical Advisor, Shelter
· Assess, design and deliver CARE’s emergency shelter & recovery programmes
· Co-ordinate with other CARE staff to ensure a rapid, proportionate, integrated and effective response
· Simultaneously consider longer-term shelter and recovery needs including the development of possible scenarios related to housing.
· Take a very active role in co-ordination, support and advocacy with other stakeholders.
· Ensure gender sensitive emergency responses which can empower women.
· Develop CARE’s overall shelter strategy through the emergency response and recovery.
· Develop operational plans and support CARE in delivery of high quality programmes.
· Ensure adherence to CARE policies and donor requirements.
· Develop CARE’s shelter strategy for gender sensitive & gender transformative programmes.
· Support CARE in delivery of high quality integrated programming which address the needs of men, women, boys and girls and contribute to empowering women and girls.
· On request, provide specific short-term expertise to CARE, including structural design, materials selection & procurement, construction, environmental impact assessment and mitigation, needs assessment & evaluation and others.
· Participate as requested in:
o Program design
o Management and implementation
o Information and coordination
· A professional qualification in the built environment (architecture, engineering, planning etc). Experience can substitute for qualifications but not vice-versa.
· 5 – 7 years humanitarian aid experience with at least 4 years’ experience in shelter.
· Demonstrated competence to develop shelter strategy and implement programmes through the emergency response and recovery phases.
· Ability to prepare construction documentation in accordance with the standards required by CARE and professional bodies.
· Demonstrated understanding of the different modalities and types of shelter programmes.
· A strong understanding of gender and power dynamics within households and of how shelter programmes can address the needs of men, women, boys and girls and how programmes can empower women and girls.
· Thorough and demonstrated understanding of humanitarian contexts (including natural disaster, conflict & complex emergencies) and humanitarian principles.
· Relevant post-graduate or professional qualification in structural engineering, civil engineering, housing, land and property rights, materials science, construction management & logistics, or:
· Demonstrated professional expertise in structural engineering, civil engineering, housing, land and property rights, materials selection and procurement, environmental impact assessment in humanitarian contexts, design of sustainable recovery programmes, needs assessment and programme evaluations.
· Commitment to uphold CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy
· Fluency in Bahasa and intermediate written and spoken English Language skills.
· Current ability to work in Indonesia
Please apply herehttps://goo.gl/DmDdYLas soon as possible with a resume in English. Only successful candidates will be contacted.