Location: Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Technical Assistance Advisors, Family Planning – Health System Strengthening Team to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s Family Planning (FP) and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
GHSC-PSM has been tasked by USAID to improve access to FP commodities in three States: Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto. GHSC-PSM will be coordinating its work with other USAID implementing partners tasked with other aspects of health systems strengthening in the three States. GHSC-PSM will also align its activities with the SMOH and work closely with the State Health authorities in support of strong supply system for FP commodities.
The Technical Assistant Advisors will be expected to work with the State, Integrated Health Project (IHP) office, Breakthrough Action (BA) and other key partners to coordinate and support the Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) of FP commodities in these priority States.
Specifically, the Technical Assistant Advisors will conduct the following;
- Strategically collaborate with IHP and Breakthrough Action to ensure cooperative and integrated approach to improving FP services in respective States
- Provide technical support and advocate for strategic planning, governance, financing & PSM coordination
- Advocate for the provision of high quality FP commodities and good FP commodity logistics management practices with both government counterparts and implementing partners.
- In collaboration with the GoN Stakeholders, Implementing Partners, etc. in identifying and providing technical support for institutional and individual capacity building at the State level
- Facilitate the improvement of coordination role through technical working group, partners forum, quantification sub-committee and other core PSM activities
- Lead the implementation of targeted State-led interventions within focal States
- In collaboration with the State LMCU, carry out capacity development on specific supply chain interventions with measurable outcome as fall-outs of assessments
- Lead the system strengthening activities of logistics and supply chain management for the FP programs, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners at the State level in priority States
- Provide technical assistance for annual national and State-specific quantifications (forecasting and supply planning) of FP commodities, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and USAID partners
- Provide technical assistance for quality and timely FP data collection, analysis, reporting and feedback to facilitate data visibility and accountability in priority States
- Facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate logistics officers in implementing the FP-Contraceptive logistics management system in supported States
- Provide technical support for the development of tools or in developing or revising standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other policy documents for FP program management at the State level
- In collaboration with GHSC-PSM office in Abuja, support the data quality assessments and other routine or designated field assignment
- Provide technical assistance for the conduct of supportive supervision at the health facilities, in partnership with other USAID partners, state LMCU and State FP program supply chain operators
- Provide technical assistance for performance management of routine monitoring of routine SCM performance
- Write routine monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to relevant program stakeholders
- Contribute to the identification of best practices and success stories for GHSC-PSM circulation
- Work with designated consultants or short-term technical assistance providers to carry out requisite activities and facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate local staff
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum skills and
- First degree in Pharmacy, public and/or community health, or medical or social sciences field
- At least 5 years’ experience working in Reproductive Health / Family Planning and/or other public health program logistics with extensive field experience in Northern Nigeria
- Good understanding of the Nigeria Health sector especially in the areas of FP as a developmental issue and attendant socio-economic implications
- Experience in Logistics management and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent written and verbal English and Hausa language skills.
- Experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders at the State level of the public and private sectors to ensure timely project delivery
- Dynamic personality with initiative, flexibility, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have organizational and strong computer skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Willingness to be based in Bauchi, Sokoto or Kebbi
- Willingness to travel up to 40% within State
The Technical Assistant Advisors will report directly to the State Health System Strengthening Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
To apply, click on the link below: