Organization:Management Systems International
Technical Associate, Education (Data), Arlington, VA
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website atwww.msiworldwide.com.
The Technical Associate/Education will support data processing, cleaning, management and analysis activities related to MSI/Tetra Tech education projects in developing countries, primarily in support of the USAID-funded Data and Evidence for Education Programs (DEEP), which serves USAIDs Office of Education. Responsibilities will include developing, in collaboration with a team, procedures for reviewing, cleaning, and managing USAID education data collected across diverse contexts and applying these procedures to review and evaluate data, using standard statistical software to process and analyze data, produce data tables and graphs, and interpret data. S/he will also support the preparation of guidance notes, toolkits, and manuals aimed to build capacity and improve data quality. S/he will report directly to Technical Directors and Technical Managers in the Arlington, Virginia office. In addition to DEEP, Current education projects are in DRC, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Pakistan, Senegal, South Sudan, Thailand, Washington, DC, and Zambia. Clients include USAID, DFID, UNICEF, UNESCO, World Bank, and private foundations.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
- Support data processing, cleaning, management and analysis activities related to education projects
- Conduct routine/established data processing and analysis under supervision from other team members
- Apply standard statistical and/or data management software package(s) to execute procedures
- Review, evaluate, and clean data collected in the field and produce data tables and graphs
- Conduct rigorous quality control and quality assurance checks on data
- Support the preparation of guidance notes, toolkits, and manuals
- Communicate as needed with external stakeholders to resolve data issues, seek information, and communicate methods and procedures
- Collaborate effectively with the education team, including technical associates, managers, and directors
- Travel up to approximately 10% to developing countries, including crisis/conflict area
- Minimum Bachelors degree in education, economics, public policy, or a related area
- Minimum 2 years of post-Bachelors experience in a national or international setting
- Some experience with assessment, M&E, and research activities in any field
- Experience with programming, data management, data analysis, and data reporting in any field
- Use of Stata to analyze data
- Ability to work with a team that includes technical directors, managers, and associates
- Excellent writing, analytical, speaking, and communication skills in English
- Background in developing and implementing assessment, monitoring, and evaluation tools
- Experience in writing reports that involve analyzing data and interpreting results
- Use of software such as SPSS, R and Python and text analysis software (e.g., MaxQDA)
- Communication skills in languages such as Arabic, French, Portuguese, or Spanish
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website,www.msiworldwide.com