Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program in East Africa. Position to be based in East Africa.
The purpose of RISE is to support the development of stronger economies in the East Africa region through improved market systems, increased cross-border trade, more competitive industries and a more market-oriented policy environment.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party and in close collaboration with project administrative, financial, and technical staff, the Technical Deputy Chief of Party will be directly responsible for the timely provision and delivery of quality technical deliverables to support project implementation.
* Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, business management, economics, international development, or other relevant discipline; advanced degree preferred;
* At least 10 years of experience implementing development activities in at least one of the following technical disciplines: value chain development, access to finance, business environment improvement; export and investment promotion, economic policy reform, and/or regional trade;
* At least 5 years of experience leading technical teams and activities for large-scale (>$25 million) donor-funded projects in Africa, preferably in East Africa;
* Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with government officials, private sector actors, and other stakeholders;
* Ability to serve as acting Chief of Party in his/her absence;
* Fluency in English required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/TechDCOPEastAfricaRISE
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.