Organization: IntraHealth International
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Role
IntraHealth is seeking a Technical Director – Health Services Delivery for the upcoming Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE II) Health Services Delivery Activity for Burkina Faso and Niger. The Technical Director will be responsible for guiding and overseeing integrated health activities to improve access to quality family planning and nutrition services among chronically vulnerable populations (women, youth/adolescents and children under five) in targeted regions in Burkina Faso and Niger. Areas of desired expertise include: systems strengthening, capacity building, resource mobilization, decentralized governance, and civil society and youth engagement. S/he will serve as acting Chief of Party when necessary. S/he should have strong project management skills, staff supervision skills, and prior experience working with staff and stakeholders across multiple countries. This position will report to the Chief of Party and is likely to be based in Niamey, Niger.
- Work closely with the Ministries of Health, Youth, Women Affairs, Finance, etc. from Burkina Faso and Niger to operationalize current policies and guidelines around health systems delivery and the implementation of high impact interventions using a resilience lens in the targeted regions;
- Provide leadership to strengthen and improve the overall quality of health, family planning and nutrition services provided by health centers, facilities and community health workers to ensure the continuum of care, especially to vulnerable populations, (women, youth/adolescents and children under five);
- Provide technical expertise to improve health worker capacity to manage and deliver high quality integrated MCH/FP and nutrition services at facility, district and regional levels and to maintain quality of care during times of social disruption so as to reduce chronic vulnerability and minimize service disruption;
- Ensure collaboration with Food for Peace Development Food Security activities, to solidify strong linkages between community level and health facilities and support effective supervision;
- Collaborate closely with Breakthrough ACTION on SBC activities requiring joint strategies to build health worker capacities and reduce barriers to accessing care;
- Initiate and facilitate regular technical meetings to review program implementation, and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance the quality of deliverables;
- Oversee documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging lessons from the application of high impact practices focused on vulnerable populations exposed to shocks;
- Account to the COP on the delivery of strategic program objectives, with regular reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensure daily operations of overall program implementation activities are on schedule and that reports, new plans and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to get the necessary approvals.
- Work with the COP to provide technical and administrative support in all aspects of the project and carries out any duties that may be assigned by the COP.
- Oversee and represent the project in the absence of the COP.
- Master’s degree or higher required in public health, social sciences, nursing, midwifery or other relevant health or development field from an accredited university/college is required;
- At least 12 years of experience in public health with focus on family planning and/or maternal and child health is required;
- Significant demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing a wide range of training/learning methods integrated high quality health programs from facility to community level is required;
- Experience working within a consortium of implementing organizations, including Ministries of Health and other stakeholders;
- Strong experience with direct supervision, and working with teams and staff from multicultural backgrounds is required;
- Fluency in French (4S/4R minimum) and English (at 4S/4R) are required.
- Experience working with vulnerable and underserved groups in insecure environments that are prone to shocks;
- Prior experience living and working in West Africa;
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations and/or experience working on USAID funded projects;
- Experience in policy analysis and change as well as high level advocacy and communications.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1