Organization: International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), headquartered in Paris, France since 1920, has regional and country offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America and South-East Asia. The Union provides expertise in project implementation and management, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities on a variety of global health challenges. For more information about The Union please visit www.theunion.org and about The Union’s Tobacco Control Department please visit www.tobaccofreeunion.org.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Consultant shall provide the following services for the Department of Tobacco Control:
Support to Programme Development, Planning and Evaluation
· Contribute to the development of the tobacco control plan and to its implementation
· Devise, implement and assess a strategy for the evaluation of The Union’s activities in Indonesia
· Support Ministry of Health and Indonesian Mayors’ Alliance to organize tobacco control activities at subnational level in Indonesia
· Contribute to the review and negotiation of grant proposals
· Participate in monitoring site visits to follow up on the progress of tobacco control programmes funded by BI and develop reports on the visit
Information and Resource Development
· Map organizations, projects, policies and stakeholders in Tobacco Control in Indonesia
· Generate new knowledge and consolidate local evidences to strengthen tobacco control
· Develop policy-relevant profiles and status reports on tobacco control in Indonesia
· Coordinating with the Union fund raising team, identify possible funding opportunities and assist in developing proposals
· Maintain up to date information related to tobacco control in Indonesia
· Support to and coordinate with the BI grantees in implementation, reporting and evaluation of the Tobacco Control activities
· Work closely with the Union communications team to ensure presence of The Union in national and local press and events as appropriate
· Organize in-country and BI partners call and meeting, prepare minutes and circulate to the partners
Networking and Liaison
· Coordinate with and support to Indonesian Tobacco Control Network (ITCN) for tobacco control policy development and implementation. Identify new champions and engage them in Tobacco control at national and sub-national level
· Assist in gathering intelligence on developments relevant to tobacco control through strategic liaison with selected stakeholders.
Training and Capacity Building
· Support to organize The Union Capacity Building programme in Indonesia, acting as the Union tobacco control in-country focal point to coordinate activities relating to training courses and capacity building
· Assist and contribute to towards needs assessment for training and capacity building being undertaken in Indonesia
Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports of tobacco control in Indonesia
Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- A Medical or advanced degree with post-graduate qualification in public health
- Minimum of two years working experience in public health preferably tobacco control
- Strong oral and written communication, consultation and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work to agreed schedules and standards
- Unflappable, flexible approach
- Maturity, tact and diplomacy
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Web-based applications)
Applicants interested in the vacancy, should send to email@example.com their CV, cover letter, any examples of papers that have been published, such as academic papers, and the contact information of three employers who can provide references. Please indicate in the subject line of the email: ‘Technical Officer – Indonesia’
Application deadline: open until filled.
A competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits will be offered based on qualifications and experience.