Procurement Process :RFP – Request for proposalOffice :UN Women Bangladesh Office – BANGLADESHDeadline :26-Mar-19Posted on :12-Mar-19Development Area :SERVICESReference Number :53991Link to Atlas Project :
Non-UNDP ProjectDocuments :
copy of contract
General Condition for Services
Scope of Work (as mentioned above):
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Programme Specialist, Ending Violence against Women (EVAW), the service provider/technical partner will undertake the following tasks:
- Set methodology and workplan for the entire assignment. This will include:
- Management of
- Sorting and final selection of 10 pitches from the applicant pool in April-May 2019
- 2-days non-residential Ideathon for 10 teams and grooming sessions in June 2019;
- A judging & award ceremony for the incubation support transfer for 1 day in July-August 2019 for 50 people in a venue where there are proper conference facilities are provided and
- The launch of the 3 final initiatives in November/December 2019 for 50 people in a youth-centric public place.
- Management of
This also entitles all supporting logistics, participation, guest invitation; food & beverage, administration, rapporteur-interpreter, video and photography documentation, and security and multimedia management.
- Create necessary information or student platforms (public announcements, social media platforms creation, outreach & management) to build up the hype and ensure engagement of participants/students.
- Identify local media partners and manage media for announcement of the events; candidate profiles and other activities
- Printing and production of branded materials and pertinent documents;
- Management of Academic Partner, once on board with the technical partnership
- Participation of Senior Faculty members in panels of juries, at each stage; and student volunteers in activation
- Presence in all forms of branded materials and media activations
- Payment of Honorarium of faculty members and volunteers’ fees
- Selection and management of:
- Mentor & Resource Person;
- Jury members at primary and final selection
- Candidate selection and management;
- To provide tailor support to for durable improvement with added service.
- To assist in assessing the business opportunity and market risk and challenges by innovators themselves considering the creative process.
- To educate on both government and local entrepreneurship legal and compliance issues.
- To internalize on gender and social norms and issues, in conjunction with UN Women
- The partner should consider the life-cycle approach to Incubation and deliver the following services:
|Pre-Incubation Stage: Relates to the overall activities needed to support the potential innovator in developing her solution, business model and business plan, to boost the chances to arrive to an effective start‐up creation||2 months for 10 candidates|
|Incubation Stage/After-Care: Support given to the entrepreneur from the startup to the expansion phase.||4 months for 3 final candidates|
- Transfer incubation support maximum of 15000 USD (1,261,050 BDT on 5 March 2019) to 3 winners (max.5000USD/winner) immediately after the final award giveaway for the prototype development by cash or check. This fund will not be utilized for any other purpose or activities. Therefore, the financial proposal must account for this amount for the winners, regardless of other activities.
- Overall Security, as per UNDSS standard.
Duration of Work:
The assignment will commence upon signing the contract and accomplished by 30 November 2019.