South Sudan Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sectormanagement, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website atwww.msiworldwide.com.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement. The project includes monitoring and evaluation technical support to the Mission for performance management at all levels as well as support to assessments, analytical research, and related services required for new project designs, sector strategies, and broader strategic revisions.
**Please note: Only South Sudanese citizens are eligible for this position
The Technical Specialist will work closely with the assessment team leader to conduct an evaluation covering several regions in South Sudan. They will conduct document reviews and contribute to qualitative analysis of collected data. The Technical Specialist will also assist in the drafting and finalization of the evaluation report.
- Work closely with the Team Lead to conduct the evaluation in several regions of South Sudan.
- Contribute to qualitative analysis and conduct document reviews.
- Assist in scheduling of key informant interviews and facilitation of focus group discussions.
- Provide requested inputs and analytical guidance for design of data collection instruments.
- Conduct data collection in accordance with the approved evaluation methodology.
- Conduct and support the analysis of collected data to generate findings, conclusions, and recommendations that will answer the evaluation questions.
- Assist in drafting and finalizing the evaluation report in accordance with MSI and USAID quality standards.
- Work collaboratively with all team members to ensure adherence to the proposed design and schedule.
- Provide support for debriefs to MSI, USAID and other stakeholders, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in the field of agriculture, economics, public policy, statistics, or another relevant field.
- At least five years of professional experience in evaluations, designing methodologies, data quality assessments, data collection, data analysis, data verification and report writing.
- Experience leading evaluations, leading focus groups (of various sizes) and key informant interviews (KII).
- Familiarity with a diverse set of programming, especially agriculture and value chain analysis.
- Academic or professional training in performance evaluation design and implementation, including data collection and analysis.
- Strong knowledge, skills, and experience in qualitative and quantitative evaluation tools as well as proficiency in data collection software.
- Familiarity with USG policies related to performance monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, review and interpret existing data pertinent to the evaluation.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website,www.msiworldwide.com