Organization: UN Children’s Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,a better future…
Under the supervision of the HR Business Partner (Manager), the HR Business Partner (Officer) will be accountable for implementing HR Business Partner services that enhance the capacity of her/his clients to deliver on their business goals and objectives in the Latin America and Caribbean Region (LACR).
How can you make a difference?
You will demonstrate the ability to anticipate HR-related needs and develop subsequent plans and solutions that align HR management with business objectives. This will include:
Strategic Business Partnering
- Serve as the single point of contact for your Regional Office (RO) and/or Country Office (CO) client portfolio on advice pertaining to all aspects of the employment life cycle.
- Proactively collaborate with clients to help fulfill their business goals through anticipating HR-related needs and presenting subsequent plans of action.
- Advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organization’s interests.
- Collaborate effectively with other sections as well as Headquarters and centers of expertise to provide coherent solutions for clients.
- Actively participate in establishing and implementing the 2019 annual work plan, setting priorities/targets and performance measures.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
Acting as a Change Agent
- Lead a Centre of Expertise (COE) & liaise with your Regional and Country Office clients to support and contribute to the different HR COEs while providing inputs to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation.
- Interpret and analyze HR data to help inform strategic decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Promote HR initiatives that support organizational culture change, improved results and staff development and explain the scope and ramifications of proposed HR initiatives, promoting understanding of their purpose and functional advantages. Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
- Contribute to the development of competencies for all staff in assigned client portfolio, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
- Recommend efficient and cost-effective learning products which strengthen staff capacity to contribute effectively to business goals.
- Provide day-to-day performance and talent management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR Business Partner Client-relationship support to various HR occupations (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development, etc.) to help supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with centers of expertise, the global shared services center and global staff association.
- Collaborate with sister-agencies on best HR practices within the UN or other affiliated organizations.
HR Data Analytics
- Collect, interpret and analyze HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of data collection systems to optimize data quality.
- Coordinate with country office & regional office clients and partners to provide inputs related to their HR information management.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A First-Level University Degree (Bachelor’s) in Human Resources or related areas is required. An Advanced University Degree (Master’s) in Human Resources is an asset.
- Minimum of two (2)years of relevant work experience in Human Resources management is required.
- Hands-on experience in facilitating recruitment and selection processes is required.
- Experience in a client-orientation role with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills is required.
- Experience with Data Analytics, Key Performance Indicators and Data Visualization is preferred.
- Knowledge of technological platforms, particularly SharePoint and Enterprise-Content Management (ECM) systems is an asset.
- Prior knowledge/experience in the UN/UNICEF system in HR is a distinct asset.
- Knowledge of UN/UNICEF HR rules, guidelines, policy and procedures is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and deliver under pressure is a requisite.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required. Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.This is a time-limited temporary appointment (TA) for a duration of 6-8 months. Please review our website to familiarize yourself with this type of contract and the associated benefits/entitlements.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516309