The EATF invests in the creative community by supporting living and working expenses, allowing exceptional local artists to devote time to their artistic career and encouraging artists to stay in their community.
Awards are intended to recognize:
Artists at all stages of their professional careers, working in a wide-range of art forms, practices and artistic traditions (including, but not limited to, customary and contemporary Indigenous and cultural artforms) who demonstrate excellence in their field and commitment to working in and contributing to the Edmonton region’s arts community.
- In 2020 ten $15,000 awards are available.
Funds are not intended to support:
- Artists who primarily work outside the Edmonton region.
Nominated artists must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a resident of the greater Edmonton region for at least one year prior to the deadline. This region includes the City of Edmonton and the Counties of Sturgeon, Parkland, Leduc and Strathcona, and the Indigenous communities adjacent. Nominated artists may be asked to provide proof of residency.
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a valid work permit. Artists who have overdue Edmonton Arts Council final reports will not be eligible. Artists may not receive an EATF award in two consecutive years.
- A multidisciplinary peer assessment committee appointed by the Edmonton Arts Council will evaluate all nominations. That committee will include artists and arts professionals chosen for their skills, knowledge, and abilities. EAC committees are recruited to reflect the full demographic diversity of Edmonton over time. The Committee will make award recommendations to the Edmonton Arts Council Board committees for approval. EATF award decisions are final.
- The committee will be guided by the nomination letters, all the text in these guidelines, and the following evaluation criteria listed here in order of importance:
- The nominee’s demonstrated commitment to and achievement of excellence in their artistic practice.
- The potential of the award to foster the nominee’s ongoing artistic experimentation and practice.
- The nominee’s demonstrated past contribution to, and anticipated future impact on, the cultural and artistic life of the Edmonton region.
For more information, visit https://grants.edmontonarts.ca/eac_grants_-_grants_and_awards_for_individual_artists/eatf/