1. General Background
Oxfam is an international confederation counting 19 organizations working together with partners and local communities in more than 90 countries. Oxfam has been working in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT) and Israel since the 1950s, and a country office established in Jerusalem in the 1980s. Oxfam mainly works in the most vulnerable communities, in Gaza, East Jerusalem, and Area C.
In this framework, Oxfam is looking for a consultant to develop an database for the Gender Justice programme and Naseej project
2. Programme Background:
The Gender Justice programme aims to create an enabling environment at household, community and national levels in OPT committed to further protecting and advancing the right to greater and more gender-equitable control over lives and resources in accordance with international laws for poor, vulnerable, and marginalized Palestinian women and young girls, men, boys and youth. The programme envisages to achieve this objective through addressing Women political participation and transformative leadership; Women Peace and Security (UNSCR 1325); Women Bodily Integrity and Gender Based Violence; Women access to Justice: .
3. Project Background:
Naseej is a regional project that connects women voices and actions to end violence against women in the MENA region. The project will tackle Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in conflict and occupation affected areas, through channeling financial support to women rights and civil society organizations (WROs and CSOs) to prevent and respond to SGBV. This will be done in parallel with technical and capacity building support to strengthen the capacities in these organizations to support of their work. in conflict and occupation affected areas.
The Project targets the 3 fragile and conflict-affected countries of Yemen, Iraq, and the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT – West Bank, in particular, Area C, East Jerusalem, Gaza Strip).
4. Description of the Assignment
Oxfam is to engage a consultant (individuals/firms/institutions…) to design the Gender Justice programme database including a separate dashboard for Nassej project (the focus of this consultancy will be Naseej project but it worth noting that the Gender Justice programme in Oxfam have another six projects which should be include in this database) with the following specifications and deliverables:
· To produce a conceptual data model that reflects the structure of the information to
be held in the database. Producing the conceptual data model involves input from the organization requirements and MEL data collection tools which are already in use.
· Share the conceptual data model of the database with the project team for review and improvement as needed.
· The SurveyCTO Platform to be used for this database. Licensing measure will be provided by Oxfam.
· Ensure security measures programmed into the database. User account policies, passwords, etc…
· Test the database for data analysis and produce reports for their immediate use. Sample report will be provided by the team.
· Training and support Gender Justice program and Naseej’s Staff on database use and maintenance activities.
· Other requests as needed during the database design phase.
5. Qualifications and Experience
The consultant should have the following expertise:
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in database design and roll out for development projects;
· Strong capacity and proven track record in SurveyCTO data collection electronic platform;
· Strong capacity and proven track record in data management and statistics.
· Strong experience to lead in the structural design of a database according to various system requirements.
· Education in Computer Science especially database development
· Analytical and Documentation skills, presentation of reports
· Excellent command of English in which the database will be developed. Knowledge in Arabic and fluency in presentation in Arabic is an asset.
· The consultant must be collaborative, willing to share thoughts, ideas, and constructive criticism;
· After reviewing applications, Oxfam reserves the right to suggest teaming up consultants if relevant and needed.
6. Duration and timeframe of the Assignment:
The assignment is expected to be completed over a period between July 2021 – August 2021, including an estimated (15) working days. Applicants are kindly requested to indicate their offers in addition to the actual implementation days (broken down by deliverable/ activity versus cost), and the expected team to be involved in this project (if any).
How to apply
A detailed description of the assignment, services required by Oxfam and conditions of participating in this bidding is contained in the RFQ dossier which can be downloaded from the following link:
The deadline for submission of bids is August 07, 2021 at 16:00 West Bank time upon conditions in the RFQ dossier.
Responses (Offers) shall be sent only to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Offer shall be sent in 2 separate files – PDF format – (one for Technical Offer and one for Price Offer)
Oxfam does not bind itself to award the tender to the lowest offer and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the tender.
We look forward to receiving a proposal from you and thank you for your interest in our account.