Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
This position is for a proposal the organization is working on. The aim is to conduct a Training of Trainers (TOT) workshops in Infection Prevention Control (IPC). The trainer is thus expected to conduct some follow-up to assess the field training deliveries. The aim of this workshop is to expose participants to the range of methodologies and techniques that can help turn the delivery of humanitarian training into a participatory, high-impact and memorable learning experience. Emphasis is on developing and applying active learning methodologies such as exercises and simulations to reinforce learning. The workshop will be highly participatory and practical, focusing on techniques, tools and tips of training management, with participants themselves designing, delivering and critiquing presentations.
· In close coordination with the organization, provide input and advice to determine overall objectives of course, key content areas and strategy and methodology for presentation
· Prepare draft agendas, course outlines and similar planning materials.
· Review existing course training materials (reference to WHO) to evaluate whether they adequately cover the objectives of the course
· Conduct research and gather materials from wide-ranging sources to ensure – course content reflects the latest developments within the international community on the subject matter
· Conduct research and gather material to ensure content reflects the latest policy and practice developments within WHO and Nigeria health authorities.
· Prepare presentation material, including PowerPoint slides, audio-visual aids and lesson plans/lecture notes for each presentation
· Design a range of realistic interactive exercises, including “hands-on” practice of skills, to support course content and objectives
· Revise and update existing exercises and simulations as needed
· Prepare instructions, role descriptions and other materials.
· Ensure that administrative norms such as schedule, breaks, timeliness etc are understood and adhered to
· Ensure that the workshop sessions are linked together and integrated into a coherent whole
· Coordinate day-to-day activities of the workshop, including briefing, supporting and coordinating other workshop resource persons and facilitators
· Facilitate and run various exercises relating to the subject material
· Facilitate and lead group discussions related to the workshop material
· Establish and maintain a learning atmosphere characterized by intellectual inquiry and openness, mutual respect and fun
· As necessary, and in cooperation with the organization management, liaise with venue staff to ensure appropriate standards of facilities and troubleshoot minor problems
· Facilitate a final session designed to evaluate participant learning in the course, and/or collect participant evaluation input relating to the course
· Supervise the training for the outreach worker in the field
· Correct all the gaps identified during the training
· Submit a field evaluation report including the lessons learnt
· Submit a final evaluation report upon completion of each workshop
· Advanced university degree or equivalent in health Sciences, Public health, experience of training methodology and Social Sciences.
· Proven skills in Infection Prevention Control Training (IPC) training facilitation.
· Ability to work independently and achieve quality results with limited supervision.
· Strong analytical and synthesis skills.
· Excellent command in written and spoken English.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this project) and Certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title as the subject, E.g “Training Consultant for IPC”
Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.