Position Name: Transport Officer
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support-Management Level
Ref. number: SOM-153
Department: Mission Support Department/ General Services Division/General Support Section
Level: EU CONFIDENTIAL**
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line:
The Transport Officer reports to the Head of General Support Section.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To follow established Mission SOP, policies and procedures;
· To plan, organise, supervise all vehicle repairs, and maintenance work required for the Mission fleet and the technical testing of vehicles before and after maintenance and repair;
· To plan and execute the preventive maintenance of the vehicle fleet, determine the maintenance/repairs required and coordinate with the Head of General Support Section, Field Offices and external service providers to ensure the timely maintenance in order to maintain the roadworthiness of Mission vehicles;
· To assist and advise the Head of General Support Section on effective contract management of maintenance, repair and fuel contracts;
· To supervise the workshop services and operation, oversee the preparation of work orders and vehicle technical inspection reports;
· To determine requirements for the receipt of all motor and transport spare parts and entering data into the electronic document management and ERP systems as required, to provide the Head of General Support Section with technical advice on storage and ordering of spare parts;
· To prepare and maintain accurate records about the workshop performance;
· To establish and maintain specific files to record the history of usage, maintenance and repair of each vehicle;
· To provide reports as required to the Head of General Support Section as necessary to facilitate decision making;
· To monitor all contracted automotive repair work to commercial maintenance or repair workshops to ensure the proper execution of work, and inspect and determine the quality and type of spare parts after repair;
· To draft all correspondence related to vehicle maintenance for the Head of General Support Section as required;
· To maintain all driver and vehicle-related documents and records and reports in the document management system and the ERP system;
· To propose withdrawal of vehicles from service, if they are considered not to be roadworthy;
· To conduct accident damage assessments, process vehicle accident reports, participate in Boards of Inquiry and raises Damage/Discrepancy Reports as required;
· To manage all fuel related matters and monitors fuel consumption of the vehicles;
· To replace the other section officers as required;
· To undertake any other related task as requested by the Line Manager(s).
3. Mission Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To analyse and find solutions for vehicular support to operations.
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police and/or military education or training or equivalent rank. The qualification should be in Transport, Mechanical Engineering or any other related fields; AND
· A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the management of repair and maintenance of motor vehicles, heavy/specialised transport equipment, plants and / or mechanised handling equipment is required.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of current technologies for Warehousing, Supply Chain Management as well as Fleet Management;
· Experience of using an ERP and electronic document management systems;
· Knowledge of the administrative and financial procedures used in organizations related to fleet maintenance;
· Ability to perform under stress and in difficult circumstances;
· Good command of spoken and written English including vehicle-related vocabulary;
· Good computers skills able to keep electronic records, use electronic document management system;
· Experience in report drafting and writing.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience with maintenance and repair work with armoured vehicles, heavy/specialised transport equipment or mechanised handling equipment is an advantage;
· Driving licence type C1;
· International mission experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international organisations, in a similar position.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Familiarity with vehicle fleet and maintenance related principles, rules and regulations used in international organisation or major NGOs;
· Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
· Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
· Persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
· Remains calm in stressful situations.
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…