Position Name: Travel Management Officer
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support-Management Level
Ref. number: SOM-154
Department: Mission Support Department/ General Services Division/General Support Section
Level: EU CONFIDENTIAL**
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line:
The Travel Management Officer reports to the Head of General Support Services Section.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Within delegated authority and under the supervision of the Line Manager or his designated official, the Travel Officer will be responsible for the following duties;
· To manage efficient in-country, regional and international air travel for personnel and make appropriate arrangements for cargo to support the Mission operations;
· To follow established Mission SOP, policies and procedures;
· To manage and coordinate all air and duty travel related matters within the Mission;
· To manage EU and UN flight related matters for staff and cargo;
· To coordinate travel related issues with other Departments, Sections and Field Offices;
· To manage the administration of all official Mission travel, official shipments and incoming and outgoing shipments of personal effects;
· To review travel claims and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, validity, conformity to prior to approval and certification;
· To prepare and coordinate amendments to existing obligations as and when required, ensuring validity of budget commitments;
· To review and ensure that no claim is duplicated and that arrangements are made to collect charges for any deviation from the authorized itinerary and shipment allowance in excess of entitlements;
· To compile data and information and prepare travel related reports;
· To ensure that airline tickets are purchased under the valid contracts at the most competitive market prices following the financial and administrative procedures;
· To advice substantive departments/sections/offices, and other relevant staff of arrival information;
· To provide guidance on service quality matters;
· To advise on calculation of airfare, excess baggage entitlements, terminal expenses, daily subsistence allowance for staff traveling on missions, etc.;
· To ensure the most direct and economical routes and plan routings and itineraries accordingly;
· To establish reimbursable amount for each travel and processing of claims and invoices for payment when required;
· To produce reports, analyse and prepare evaluation of current claims procedures and policies;
· To verify that services provided by the airline authorities and shipping agents are rendered satisfactory and in accordance with the contract before processing invoices for payment;
· To replace other section officers as required;
· To undertake any other related task as requested by the Line Manager(s).
3. Mission Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To analyse and find solutions for air operation support to operations.
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police and/or military education or training or equivalent rank. The qualification should be in any of the fields of Transport, Logistics, Engineering or Administration; AND
· A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in administration or related field after having fulfilled the education requirements;
· Experience dealing with travel related matters at national or international level;
· Experience working with IATA rules and regulations as well as Global Distribution System such as Amadeus or SABRE.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of the general administrative and financial procedures used in organizations related to financial and administrative procedures in travel management;
· Good command of spoken and written English including travel-related vocabulary;
· Experience in report drafting and writing;
· Very good computer skills to be able to operate in electronic document.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience working with ERP and electronic document management systems;
· Experience with UN, EU or charter flights;
· International mission experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international organisations, in a similar position.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of Reservation and Ticketing (e.g. AMADEUS Software);
· Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
· Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
· Persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
· Remains calm in stressful situations.
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…