Applications close:31 January 2019 15:00 (GMT +2).
Course Level:Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree programme.
Study Subject:Scholarships are awarded in the field of Information Technology (IMPIT).
Scholarship Award:Either 100% or 80% of annual tuition
Number of Scholarships:Waiver is given to 80% of those accepted students who are required to pay the tuition.
Scholarship can be taken inFinland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries:International students (except EU/EEA) can apply.
- Students who are required to pay the tuition fee.
- BSc. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications Engineering or equivalent degree corresponding at least three years of full-time higher education academic studies.
English Language Requirements:
- TOEFL PBT/iBT: 580/90, IELTS overall 6.5, PTE: 59
- TOEFL, IELTS and PTE certificates are valid for two years from the day they are issued and they have to be valid throughout the entire application period.
Each application must include the following documents
- Official transcript of university records from the home university in English, or an officially certified translation of it.
- A certified copy of BSc. diploma or equivalent (OR a statement of expected graduation, if the BSc degree has not been completed yet, OR a provisional BSc certificate)
- Motivation letter
- An introductory video file of an applicant uploaded into a video-streaming service such as youtube/vimeo/tudou. Link (URL) to the video has to be included in the application form. The maximum duration of a video is 2 minutes. The video should include the introduction, educational background and possible merits of the applicant.
- Letter of recommendation from a local academic authority, preferably known to the UEF
- Generally recognized English language certificate mailed directly from the test administrator (in case of IELTS, also a copy of the result sheet is accepted) OR a certificate stating language skills, if one of the specific conditions for language skills is fulfilled (mentioned at the bottom of this page)
- Passport copy/other documents of identification
- Optionally, an example of a link to own individual work in English (research paper, report, essay, art, literature review, documented software, and similar). This should be translated into English or Finnish.
How to Apply:
Upon applying for admission to the program (a separate section in an admission form)
- Make sure that you fulfill the admission requirements and have all the required documents enlightened
- Fill out the application form in an online application system and attach the required enclosures.
- Send all the required documents to IMPIT programme, University of Eastern Finland, Admissions Office.