Overview about Bunyan Organization:
Independent non-profit organization care about the Syrian affairs, established in 2004
where it started its activities in the city of Aleppo north of Syria and was licensed in turkey in 2014
Bonyan’s refugee response program is structured around three axes: education, protection, and livelihoods.
People’s development makes them prepared and responsible aiming to the rise of the Syrian society and the creation of its civilization.
We work to improve the Quality of Education and strengthen the values to contribute to the rise of the Syrian society.
Proficiency – Initiative – Welfare – Abundance
Job Code: TR-TUR-TRNR-2047
Job Title: Turkish Trainer
Contract Type: Part Time
Reported to: Program Manager
The selected person will be responsible for teaching a diverse population of eager students in a transient educational environment in Bonyan Organization’s Youth Center in Gaziantep, within the context of a project supported and jointly implemented by Still I Rise.
This position involves working both independently and with a teaching team.
The trainer will work under the supervision of the Center Coordinator, and will be an inspiring, proactive, and energetic person with strong mentoring abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lesson Planning: Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative Turkish lessons for a diverse class of (11-13) year old children.
- Progress Monitoring: Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs in collaboration with Education Manager.
- Reporting and Admin: Managing all admin tasks such as attendance and assessment reporting to the Educational Manager.
- Curriculum Design: All teachers are expected to contribute to the development of the academic curriculum, working independently and as a part of the team.
- Behavioral Management: Managing students with differing life experiences and adverse childhood experiences in collaboration with Education Manager.
- Professional Development: Attend training and professional development meetings.
University degree in Turkish literature and preferred educational qualification diploma degree holders.
- Native Turkish speaker.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in teaching Turkish full time.
- Good knowledge of the English language written and oral.
- CV in English.
- Turkish nationals only.
- Experience teaching children and teenagers is desirable.
- Experience teaching in non-formal education is desirable.
- Experience in humanitarian sector is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills.
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis.
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging and changing environment.
How to apply
The Interested applicants are kindly requested to follow this link to apply https://form.bonyan.ngo/TR-TUR-TRNR-2047 and attach the CV (CV should be named by the full name of applicant and make sure it has been uploaded before submit).
Bunyan is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates to apply.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted through the personal Email which has been mentioned in the job application form