The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) is seeking applications for funding under the fiscal year (FY) 2019 Juvenile Justice Emergency Planning Demonstration Program.
This program will support the development, improvement, and/or implementation of emergency planning activities for state, tribal, county, and local juvenile justice residential facilities.
Specific objectives include the following:
- Encourage the development or refinement of juvenile justice facility emergency preparedness plans that address the principles outlined in the Emergency Planning for Juvenile Justice Residential Facilities guide.
- Strengthen facility preparedness to maintain the efficient continuation of operations and reduce risk to the physical plant.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of youth and staff in juvenile justice residential facilities.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $350,000
- Award Ceiling: $150,000
- Award Floor: $50,000
- State governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Others (see text field entitled “Additional Information on Eligibility” for clarification)
- County governments
- Special district governments
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- City or township governments
- Eligible applicants are limited to states (including territories), units of local government, federally recognized tribal governments as determined by the Secretary of the Interior, nonprofit organizations and for-profit organizations (including tribal nonprofit and for-profit organizations), and institutions of higher education (including tribal institutions of higher education). All recipients and subrecipients (including any for-profit organization) must forgo any profit or management fee.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=313120