PAS Freetown invitesproposalsfor programs that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Sierra Leone through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotesbilateralcooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
- Promote Sustainable Economic Growth, including anti-corruption activities
- StrengthenDemocracy,Human Rights, Access to Justice, andMediaFreedom
- Promote Inclusive, Country-Led Development
Participants and Audiences
- Expertise and established relationships with indigenous non-governmentalorganizations(NGOs) and/or local officials in the communities in which the programs will be conducted will be considered favorably.
- All programs must include an American cultural element and/or should increase mutual understanding between theUnited Statesand Sierra Leone.
Awards generally do not exceed $25,000.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the United States and Sierra Leone:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks andcivil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a complete proposal with concisebudgetthat should tie in with the scope of work as indicated on the proposal. Completed applications should be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://sl.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grant-opportunities/public-diplomacy-grants/annual-program-statement/