Deadline: 14 January 2019
UJIA is seeking proposals for the third round of its Social Impact Investment Initiative (Si3) in Israel.
Si3 initiative by UJIA, is a cutting edge approach to philanthropy in Israel, providing an alternative method of repayable financing for organisations and enterprises delivering social change. Alongside existing and ongoing grant work in Israel, these investments enable to leverage the charitable funds further towards the social mission in Israel. UJIA can make an investment in a non-charitable company as long asits social mission is in line with the aims of the UJIA, that any additional private benefit not be excessive, and the investment clearly be for public benefit.
UJIA will consider investments which further the aims of the charity to promote social and economic mobility for vulnerable communities, with a focus on:
- Community Development
UJIA is seeking investments that make a social and financial impact:
- Social impact– the investment must have a clearly identifiable, high value social impact and positive outcome.
- Financial impact– the organisation receiving the investment (a loan for example) must have a for-profit objective, and be able to generate sufficient income from its activities, goods or services to cover the cost of the financing and its repayment.
“The UK has been a pioneer in the development of the social impact investing market and Israel’s market is now also beginning to emerge. UJIA is offering an exciting opportunity, through using a model of returnable financing, each pound can be reinvested to enable scalable solutions in tackling UJIA’s mission of improving education, employment and community development in Israel.”
- UJIA would expect to invest up to a maximum of NIS 400,000 in any one initiative.
- UJIA will only invest up to a maximum of a 50% equity position.
- Long term financial sustainabilitywith the ability to raise capital from additional sources
- Strong entrepreneur or business partnerwith proven capabilities to deliver
- Reporting and monitoringcapacity on how funds are being used and measuring social impact within an agreed time period
- Engagement with British Jewryto create/generate opportunities for the involvement of British Jews with Israel through UJIA’s work
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://ujia.org/social-impact-investment-initiative/