Full description of assignment:https://www.unv.org/calls/SLBR000029-6932
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the UNCDF´s Programme Manager Regional Digital Lead, the UN Volunteer will be the key person on the ground to structure the UNCDF engagement in the country and will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate the implementation of UNCDF’s programme activities in the country which includes the management of project implementation according to annual work plan, quality assurance and ensuring achievement of outputs.
- Support the development of a pipeline of innovative projects and initiatives using UNCDF’s Technical Assistance facilities and blended finance instruments (e.g. grants, loans and guarantees);
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships, capitalize on business opportunities and support in resource mobilization for the strategy in the region;
- Support relevant ministeries and other entities from the Governments, such as the Ministry of Meteorology, Environment, Information, Disaster Management, Climate Change and Communications, the Ministry of Labour, Commerce & Industries and the Central Banksto improve the countries policy and regulations to to introduce Climate Disaster Risk Financing (CDRF) strategy to better manage economic losses after a disaster;
- Support in partner relationship management with financial service providers like commercial banks, insurance service providers, fintechs, mobile money operators, remittance service providers etc. through financial and technical support from UNCDF;
- Represent UNCDF in all country level workshops, conferences and other events where UNCDF is invited;
- Facilitate country visits of regional technical specialists and other colleagues by liasing with partners in organizing meetings;
- Support timely reporting from partners that have received support as may be required;
- Contribute to knowledge management and communication by writing blog posts, focus notes etc.
Required degree level:Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management or Equivalent
Required experience:60 Months
Minimum 5 years of working in commercial banks or other financial institutions
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise:Macroeconomics and public finance, Credit, banking and insurance, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination
Area of expertise details:
- Solid experience in financial services and/or digital economy sector (e.g. Digital Finance, FinTech, InsurTech, eCommerce, Telco, etc).
- Experience working in development countries is considered an advantage.
- Experience working with development partners, such as UN organizations or other multilateral organizations (e.g. WorldBank, IFC, ADB) is considered an advantage.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
How to apply
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile athttps://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ athttps://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypageand click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile athttps://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ athttps://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypageand click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.