Full description of assignment:https://www.unv.org/calls/LAOR000548-6906
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Coordinator/Health Systems Development and Coordinator/WHO Health Emergencies Team or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV nursing Officer for COVID-19 Response will:
- To provide technical support for the implementation of hospitals’ plan for COVID-19 response and infection prevention and control (IPC) measures;
- To provide technical support for case management for COVID-19 at the central and provincial levels and organize regular online consultation/meeting(s) with a network of doctors and nurses for COVID-19;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level:Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Bachelor’s degree in nursing or in a relevant area of health sciences.
Required experience:60 Months
At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in nursing, infection control, and clinical management of patients. Experience with an international health organization is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise:Nursing and midwifery, General human medicine (with clinical experience), Specialized human medicine (with clinical experience)
Area of expertise details:
- Excellent oral and written skills in English; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Have affinity with or interest in working in health emergencies, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
- Other desired/mandatory required technical knowledge.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
How to apply
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile athttps://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ athttps://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypageand click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile athttps://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ athttps://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypageand click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.