UN Women seeks proposals from competent individual international and/or national Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and Faith Based Organizations (FBOs) with a presence in the target counties, or a consortium of such organizations partnering together in the stated geographical areas.
The organizations are requested to respond to the following components:
- Enhance accountability mechanisms and women’s ability to participate in and influence governance systems and structures at national and county level
- Promote women’s leadership in governance processes and decision making, and strengthen women’s’ movements in Kenya
- Enhance gender sensitive adaptive capacity of the counties to climate change and strengthen women’s capacity to meaningfully engage in climate smart agriculture and agribusiness and access to market
- End violence against women and girls (VAWG) including election period
- Strengthen the capacity of women to participate in and influence peace and security processesComponents
Component I: Enhance accountability mechanisms and women’s ability to participate and influence governance structures at national and county level.
Outcome Area: National and County level institutions have strengthened processes and systems for GEWE responsive evidence-based planning, budgeting, implementation for accountable service delivery.
Output 1. Strengthened participation and influence of women in the planning and budgeting processes.
Component II: Promote women’s leadership in governance processes and decision making, and strengthen women’s movements in Kenya.
Outcome Area: More women of all ages lead and fully participate in decision making spaces and political processes.
Output 1. Women in decision making have enhanced capacity and voice to advance GEWE.
Output 2. Increased citizen civic understanding and advocacy on women’s rights to participate in governance processes.
Component III: Enhance gender sensitive adaptive capacity of the counties to climate change and strengthen women’s capacity to meaningfully engage in climate smart agriculture and access to market.
Outcome Area: Productivity of women in the agricultural value-chain increased and Access by women entrepreneurs to existing and emerging markets/procurement opportunities increased.
Output 1: Capacities of national and county institutions to develop and implement gender responsive Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) policies strengthened.
Output 2: Access to information, technology, finance and markets by women in the agricultural value chain increased.
Output 3: Capacities of women entrepreneurs as suppliers strengthened.
Output 4: Capacities of selected institutions to implement, monitor and report on women’s access to procurement opportunities strengthened.
Component IV: End violence against women and girls (VAWG) including during the electoral cycle
Outcome Area: Favourable social normal, attitudes and behaviours are promoted at community and individual levels to prevent VAWG
- Uptake of essential justice services by survivors VAWG increasedOutput 1: Women, girls, men and boys at community and individual level are mobilized in favour of gender equality and respectful relationships.
Output 2: Capacities of targeted institutions to facilitate safe spaces that prevent sexual harassment of women and girls strengthened
Output 3: Effective development/implementation of EVAWG laws and policies enhanced.
Output 4: Capacities to collect, analyse, present and utilize data on VAWG enhanced.
Component V: Strengthen the capacity of women to participate in and influence peace and security processes
Outcome Area: Women’s and girls’ participation in conflict prevention and peace and security processes increased.
Output 1: Strengthened capacity of women, peace and security practitioners to lead and participate in both formal and informal peace and security processes in line with the 2nd KNAP on UNSCR 1325 and gender pillar of the NSCVE.
Output 2: Access to DRR and humanitarian services by women and girls increased.
The annual budget range for this proposal should be 30,000 – 200,000 USD per proposal. The initial duration of the awarded contract is one year, with a possibility for extension.
- Women-led and women’s rights organizations, including civil society, that are legally registered in Kenya, that have specialised knowledge, expertise and a track record of working in women’s human rights, governance, E/VAWG, peace building, humanitarian action and Disaster
- Risk Reduction programming, including but not limited to: non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and advocacy networks (at national or sub-national level).
- Youth led and Youth focused organizations that are legally registered in Kenya and have specialized knowledge, expertise and a track record of working on youth and girls’ rights
- Organizations working in marginalized and hard to reach areas in line with LNOB-principle International and national civil society organizations that are legally registered in Kenya, that have a presence in the focused counties and have a strong track record of programming on gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Operational research institutions who have technical expertise on gender equalityApply by 6th April.