UNDP Call for Proposals for CSOs and CBOs Training Grants in Liberia
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has announced a call for proposals for CSO to provide training to traditional leaders on national laws, human rights and due process and community responses to COVID-19 and related pandemics.
UNDP seeks proposals from qualified CSOs/CBOs to provide training to informal justice actors (traditional leaders) on the national laws, human rights including Sexual Gender based Violence (SGBV), the role of the justice institutions specifically the specialized Court E, due process and community responses to COVID-19 and related pandemics in Bong and Nimba Counties.
CSOs and CBOs will work closely with the National Council of Chiefs and Elders, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Justice, Key stakeholders and communities to identify leaders to be trained in the various counties and the content of the training.
They will also work closely with the Rule of Law Joint program for guidance in the process.
A contract will be awarded to the most technically compliant and responsive CSO/CBO based on demonstrated capacity and experience.
Duly registered CSOs/CBOs are encouraged to develop and submit proposals in the following format:
- Project content and problem analysis – what results will the project achieve and how does it address the problem
- Justification – analysis of why it is important to address the problems and why your organization is best suited to carry out this task
- Expected results – expected outcomes. outputs and activities
- Implementation strategy – how the project will undertake the activities to ensure most effective and efficient achievement of results
- Work plan – highlighting each outcome, output, activity and their completing timeframe
- Partnership – partners needed for coordination and collaboration for successful implementation of the project
- Risks and Risk Mitigation Strategy
- Provide training manual
- Provide feedback on the impact of the training as it relates to implementation of trainees
- Project Exit Strategy/Sustainability
- Institutional profile – a brief description of your organization, including its registration details and relevant experience and competencies in working on issues related to access to justice. rule of law, security, and human rights especially experience in training and working with informal justice actors
- Reporting timeline and ability to provide monthly data/information
- Project Results FrameworkDeliverables
- Provide training in the national laws (The Constitution, Customary law, Legislation, Status, court precedent and the role of the specialised Court E) human rights including SGBV and due process
- Conduct awareness on COVID-19 particularly community responses (community approach, the role of community leaders) immediate action to take in COVID-19 response and awareness on health protocol) in Bong and Nimba Counties
- Work with relevant government institutions. and other key stakeholders for proper coordination of the trainings and information on related training conducted in the pass
- Provide regular updates as well as progress and financial reports.Impact of Results
- Enhanced capacity of informal justice actors to provide access to justice for all, particularly women, children and other vulnerable groups and increased understanding of the purpose and role of specialize Court Es.Funding Information Project Budget – a proposed budget with a ceiling of USD60,000.00 per county linked with output and activities including justification and/or explanation.
Duration of Contract: 5 Months
Grants will be awarded to organizations based on the following considerations:
- National or local women’s led organizations, Women’s rights organizations/ movements
- The CSO/CBO is duly registered in Liberia with office in Montserrado, Bong and/or Nimba County
- The organization’s proven administrative and financial management capacity to undertake the project
- The relevance of the proposal to achieving the expected results and related budget; and
- The institutional capacity of the CSO/CBOApply by 4th September.
For more information and application details, see; UNDP Call for Proposals for CSOs and CBOs Training Grants in Liberia