The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Integrated Local Development Project, in cooperation with the Federal Institute for Development Programming and the Federation of Municipalities and Cities of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (SOG FBiH), invite local governments in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH) to apply for financial support: Grant scheme “Improving the availability and quality of public services in municipalities and cities in FBiH“.
Funds for the implementation of the Grant Scheme were provided by the Government of FBiH, as well as the Government of Switzerland, through the Integrated Local Development Project implemented by UNDP BiH. The grant scheme is implemented within the financial mechanism to support integrated and sustainable local development in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The specific objectives of the Grant Scheme (priority areas of funding) are:
- Improving access, capacity, quality and transparency of public administrative and information services provided by municipalities and cities in the FBiH, where their lack is a constraint for citizens, the business sector and other stakeholders.
- Construction of new or improvement of capacity and quality of existing public local infrastructure where the lack of it is a limitation for improving the quality of life and business of citizens and improving health and social services at the local level, especially where it is a priority to reduce consequences of the pandemic on the life and functioning of local communities in FBiH.
- The financial contribution of the Grant Scheme per individual project with which it is applied cannot be lower than 50,000 KM or higher than 100,000 KM. Co-financing by a local government unit applying for a grant from the Grant Scheme is a minimum of 30% of the total value of the amount requested from the Grant Scheme.
- Beneficiaries of Grant Scheme funds can be local self-government units in FBiH, independently or in partnership with other (neighboring) local self-government units. Partners can also be public institutions, NGOs and the private sector.
In order for projects of local self-government units to be considered for financial support from the Grant Scheme, they must meet all of the following conditions:
- The project refers to investments in improving the availability and quality of public services in municipalities and cities in the FBiH, where the lack of it is an obstacle to the quality of life and mission of citizens in the community.
- If the project with which the local self-government unit applies for funds from the Grant Scheme relates to public local infrastructure, it must be provided for in the spatial planning documentation of the local self-government unit;
- The amount of funding requested from the Grant Scheme is not below or above the established thresholds;
- Co-financing provided with a minimum of 30% of the required financial contribution of the Grant Scheme.
- The total duration of the project does not exceed 5 months from the beginning of its implementation, and the implementation of the project must be completed by 31.07.2021. years.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=73374