Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 01 Oct 2018
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
As UNICEF commemorates a quarter of a century of partnership with Azerbaijan, we are celebrating the substantial progress made for children over the last 25 years, and the renewal of our promise to help make Azerbaijan a country filled with opportunities for every child.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of this assignment: To celebrate the 25th anniversary of UNICEF in Azerbaijan, UNICEF plans to host a high-level, public-facing event that celebrates the talent and potential of the nation’s youngest citizens.
Partners (including high-level Government partners, UN, diplomatic community, media, academia, civil society and young people) will gather to commemorate the contribution made by children and young people to the nation’s development through a special musical performance.
The anniversary event will be in the form of a concert – with children taking on key event roles. Led by young people, it should feature a major national music group made up of children and/or youth, with a focus where possible on national diversity – such as a national youth orchestra featuring girls and boys from a wide cross-section of the country.
The event should be an opportunity for children to showcase their talents and skills and inspire the audience to commit their own support to the further development of children and young people in the country
UNICEF Azerbaijan is seeking a qualified agency/individual to oversee the organizing of this major event.
Required experience/qualifications: Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following levels of experience/qualifications:
- Possess demonstrated expertise and/or professional background in providing services in event organization;
- Strong experience in production of events involving national music institutions such as orchestras
- Strong experience in production of events involving children and young people
- Proven track record of working with international organizations
- Possess fully qualified team members to support in all required tasks
Scope of work/Deliverables
- Under the concept and close guidance of UNICEF team, develop concept and programme of the event
- Provide inputs to the run of show of the event in close consultation with UNICEF;
- Identify and oversee management of the agreed national music group in consultation with UNICEF, ensuring where possible that the selected group represents the diversity of the country.
- Manage identification and hire of an appropriate venue;
- Provide technical and logistical support for the organization of the concert
- Ensure technical equipment and its proper functionality throughout the event;
- Provide other logistical support, as required.
Potential contractors should provide a budget outline for this assignment as follows:
- Professional fees for event management
- Costs of materials, rent of venue and other costs with breakdown
Submissions of interest in this assignment
- Interested contractors should submit electronically the following technical documents through the online application site by no later than 18:00 hrs in Azerbaijan (GMT+4) on Monday 1 October 2018.
- Cover letter for the application
- Individual resume/CV; Alternatively, if a candidate profile in the UNICEF e-Recruitment System is available, you may download it and submit it as part of application
- Filled in P11 form (downloadable from http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc);
- 2-3 samples of previous work relevant to this consultancy
- A financial Proposal including proposed budget with a daily rate in USD
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. UNICEF is an equal opportunity employer. UNICEF is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Consultants and individual contractors, regardless of contract duration, must complete the applicable mandatory training courses no later than 30 days after the start of the contract, or provide copies of the completion certificate(s).
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516404