Organization: Islamic Relief
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Ref: UNR/ERA- MR/0918
Salary: £40,330 per annum (Pending Review)
Closing date: 31st October 2018
Islamic Relief Worldwide are currently recruiting for the position of a United Nations Representative to be based in Geneva, Switzerland. The United Nations Representative is responsible for the planning and execution of IRW’s External Relations and Advocacy strategy in relation to Geneva-based international external stakeholders – specifically UN and other multilateral and multinational institutions and networks (e.g. UNHCR, UNOCHA, ILO, IOM) and international NGOs and their networks and coalitions (e.g. Lutheran World Federation and Act Alliance). The post holder will leverage external events, advocacy, networking, PR/media and other activities to strengthen the profile, advocacy voice, influence and funding of IRW with/from these stakeholders.
They will also liaise closely with IRW colleagues based in the UK, our international partner network, as well as dozens of our field offices that deliver humanitarian assistance to those in need and run development projects to better the lives of millions of people regardless of race, religion or gender.
The successful candidate must have or be:
· Experience of developing and implementing national or international-level external relations strategies and work plans.
· Significant and proven experience of successfully engaging with and influencing senior external stakeholders in Switzerland or another strategically important European country or UN hub, using sound political judgment and sensitivity.
· Experience in successful media engagement at a national or international level in Europe, ideally with established contacts in Switzerland.
· Specialist technical skills in cause-related marketing through advocacy and media work.
· Willingness to work unsociable hours regularly and attend external engagements outside of normal office hours, including some weekends (with time off in lieu of hours worked).
· An understanding of the Swiss international development sector and actors.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
· Screening clearance
· Proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
· Receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK and EU based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK or the EU. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and mission, please apply by downloading the application pack under the relevant role on our website http://www.islamic-relief.org/all-jobs/ and forward the completed form to Recruitment@irworldwide.org by the closing date.