Applications are invited for up to 25 University of Canterbury Master’s Scholarships to study in New Zealand. New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply to apply for this scholarship.
This scholarship supports students to study towards a research master’s degree at the University of Canterbury.
The University of Canterbury will give you an excellent educational foundation that you will be able to turn into an amazing career. The University of Canterbury is a prestigious destination that is ranked in the world’s top 250 universities. It has also been awarded a 5-Star QS ranking for internationally-renowned research and teaching.
- Applications Deadline:15 May 2019
- Course Level:Scholarships are available to Master degree programme.
- Study Subject:There are a number of reserved scholarships available for students from the Faculties of Commerce, Creative Arts, Law and Education.
- ScholarshipAward:Tuition fees at the New Zealand domestic rate to the points value of the qualifying project.
- Nationality:Australian students are eligible to apply to apply for this scholarship.
- Number ofScholarships:Approximately 25 scholarships are available each year, over two annual rounds.
- Scholarshipcan be taken inNew Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries:Australian students are eligible to apply to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements:Applicants must meet the following criteria:
2.1 The scholarship is tenable by full-time and part-time students engaged in a qualifying project comprising a single thesis, dissertation, research project, creative work, or performance with a credit weighting in the range 90–120 points and contributing towards a master’s degree at the University.
3 2.2 Applicants must have met the academic requirements for enrolment at the University in the qualifying project by 10 December (for those who apply by 15 October) or 10 July (for those who apply by 15 May).
2.3 By the relevant deadline in clause 2.2 in the year of application:
- applicants must have received final confirmed grades for the qualifying degree;
- applicants requiring admission with equivalent standing must have had this admission confirmed unconditionally (including any English language requirements).
2.4 Students may not take up the scholarship until any non-academic requirements for the qualifying degree have been completed and credited. Offers of scholarships to applicants whose qualifying degree is the BE(Hons) from the University of Canterbury are conditional on the completion and crediting of ENGR 200 by 15 March in the year following application (for those applying by 15 October), or by 15 July in the year of application (for those applying by 15 May).
2.5 Applicants who are simultaneously enrolled in course papers and the qualifying project must have completed at least 60 points (0.5 EFTS) of the papers at master’s level.
2.6 Candidates may apply only once for a UC Master’s Scholarship.
English Language Requirements:Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:The scholarship is awarded in two rounds each year. Applications must be made online at the Scholarships website 4 by 15 May or by 15 October.