US Embassy in Zambia Small Grants
The U.S. Embassy to Zambia Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
PAS invites proposals from Zambian non-profit and nongovernmental organizations for projects that support the U.S. goals in the Republic of Zambia, including those promoting a better understanding of the United States, democracy and governance, inclusive economic prosperity, and peace and security.
- Length of performance period: Three to 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: Up to 10 awards (dependent on funding availability)
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $2,000 to a maximum of $20,000
- Anticipated project start date: To be determinedUS Embassy in Zambia Small Grants – Funding
The Program is most interested in projects relating to:
- Promoting inclusion of people with disabilities including through sports, civic engagement, economic activity, and other aspects of society.
- Promoting political awareness and participation among the public and/or among youth;
- Promoting civic education and youth participation in civics, democratic processes, volunteerism, and community service;
- Promoting democracy and accountability through film or the arts;
- Fostering press freedom, independent media, professionalism in the media, including through journalism training programs;
- Combating corruption;
- Empowerment of women and youth;
- Promoting entrepreneurship and business development;
- Human rights;
- Promoting sports diplomacy or a shared interest in sports; and
- Increasing Zambians’ pursuit of higher education in the United States.Participants and Audiences
- Youth aged 18-35;
- Young professionals;
- Above categories with focus on women.US Embassy in Zambia Small Grants – Eligible Applicants
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from Zambian:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil
- society/nongovernmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit educational institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.Apply by 30th June.
For more information and application details, see; US Embassy in Zambia Small Grants