Deadline: 23 November 2018
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania is seeking applications for a Cooperative Agreement from qualified Tanzanian organizations to implement the Women’s Empowerment program.
The purpose of the four-year Women Empowerment Activity is to support local civil society organizations, in partnership with the Government of Tanzania, to effectively engage and empower women and girls by increasing their access to justice and related legal services, strengthen their ability to serve in leadership roles in their communities and in local government, and build their financial literacy and access to financial resources while supporting an enabling environment in which these efforts can be effective.
- Component 1– Legal Empowerment/Access to Justice – Increase women’s access to justice and improve legal support on key rights-based issues
- Component 2– Women’s Leadership – Strengthen women’s ability to lead and actively participate in decision-making structures and processes
- Component 3– Women Economic Empowerment – Increase women’s ability to access financial resources and improve their financial literacy to enable them to serve in leadership roles in their community
- Gender and Youth
- Environmental Compliance
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $4,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $4,000,000
- Eligibility for this NOFO is restricted. Eligibility is restricted to local organizations. Only local organizations as defined below are eligible for award. USAID defines a “local entity” as an individual, a corporation, a nonprofit organization, or another body of persons that:
- Is legally organized under the laws of; and
- Has as its principal place of business or operations in; and
- Is majority owned by individuals who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of; and
- Is managed by a governing body the majority of who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of the country receiving assistance.
- For purposes of this section, ‘majority owned’ and ‘managed by’ include, without limitation, beneficiary interests and the power, either directly or indirectly, whether exercised or exercisable, to control the election, appointment, or tenure of the organization’s managers or a majority of the organization’s governing body by any means.
- These eligibility requirements apply to both the principal Applicant and to any sub-awardee.
- USAID/Tanzania welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
How to Apply
Submit concept papers by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.