USAID Funding for Youth in Zimbabwe
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Zimbabwe is seeking applications for a fixed amount award from eligible Zimbabwean organizations to implement the activity entitled “Local Works Zimbabwe Youth Program Collaborative Action Network.”
The overall goal of this activity is to advance locally led development where the Recipient will facilitate stakeholder engagement, promote communication among stakeholder groups, collect and analyze data, and take on other responsibilities that support the Local Works Zimbabwe Youth Program design objectives.
The Recipient will facilitate youth to conduct listening tours and will be responsible for organizing a Whole System in the Room workshop (WSR) to convene key stakeholders to develop a systems map and process on youth entrepreneurship development.
The Recipient will, among other objectives:
- Mobilize youth to lead the design of the Local Works Zimbabwe Youth Program in an inclusive manner and in line with USAID’s PYD approach.
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, stakeholder consultations and other events that support the design of the Local Works Zimbabwe Youth Program.
- Facilitate youth to conduct listening and discussions with fellow youth in their communities that encourage consensus and ownership and lead to a clear definition of the challenges that youth are facing and proposed solutions to tackle them.
- Demonstrate accountability by providing and receiving timely feedback from youth and other local actors including communities, youth associations, youth serving organizations, the private sector, development partners, government and others.
- Document and share lessons learned, best practices and recommend any future steps for further development of the youth-led Local Works Zimbabwe Youth Program.This includes quarterly and annual reports and presentations at stakeholder meetings.
The Recipient will ensure that these lessons learned are generated by and for youth.
- Provide input into any pre-design analyses and assessments that might become necessary during the design process.
- Facilitate the leadership of youth in designing, conducting, and analyzing results of these assessments. >
- Facilitate the development of a draft Program Description for a youth-led activity(ies).This will be informed by the collaborative decisions and action plans that will emanate from the WSR.
USAID intends to provide up to $250,000 in total USAID funding over 18 months for achievement of milestones.
USAID defines a local entity as an individual, corporation, a nonprofit organization, or another body of persons that:
- Is legally organized under the laws of Zimbabwe;
- Has as its principal place of business or operations in Zimbabwe;
- Is majority owned by individuals who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of Zimbabwe; and
- Is managed by a governing body the majority of who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of Zimbabwe.Apply by 4th January.
For more information and application details, see; USAID Funding for Youth in Zimbabwe