Deadline: 31 December 2018
The U.S. Department ofAgriculture(USDA) is currently seeking applications for Technical Assistance &Training(TAT)Grantsto identify and evaluate solutions towaterand waste disposal problems in rural areas, assist applicants in preparing applications for water and waste grants made at the State level offices, and improve operation and maintenance of existing water and waste disposal facilities in rural areas.
The Estimated Total Program Funding is $20,000,000.
Grant funds must be used to capitalize a TAT program for the purpose of:
- Identifying and evaluating solutions to water problems of associations in rural areas relating to source, storage, treatment, or distribution;
- Identifying and evaluating solutions to waste problems of associations in rural areas relating to collection, treatment, or disposal;
- Assisting associations in the preparation of water and/or waste loan and/or grant applications;
- Providing technical assistance and/or training to association personnel that will improve the management, operation and maintenance of water and waste disposal facilities; or
- Paying expenses associated with providing technical assistance and/or training authorized in (1) – (4).
Anorganizationis eligible to receive a TAT grant if it:
- Is a private, non-profit organization that has tax-exempt status from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS);
- Is legally established and located within one of the following:
- a state within theUnited States
- the District of Columbia
- the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- a United States territory
- Has the legal capacity and authority to carry out the grant purpose;
- Has a proven record of successfully providing technical assistance and/or training to rural areas;
- Has capitalization acceptable to the Agency, and is composed of at least 51 percent of the outstanding interest or membership being citizens of the United States or individuals who reside in the United States after being legally admitted for permanent residence;
- Has no delinquent debt to the federal government or no outstanding judgments to repay a federal debt;
- Demonstrates that it possesses the financial, technical, and managerial capability to comply with federal and State laws and requirements.
- Contracts with a nonaffiliated organization for not more than 49 percent of the grant to provide the proposed assistance.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visitGrants.gov.