IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association
Deadline for applications: 17/05/2020
Position:Safety and Security Officer.
About:IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association:
IYD is a Turkish, non-governmental, non-profit and has no political association working in various fields of humanitarian relief, development, and education.
IYD was established early 2013 in Turkey.
IYD was registered in 2014 with a license No. (34-203/022) and it has been working according to Turkish Organizations Law No. /5253/ under the name:ULUSLARARASI INSANI YARDIMLAŞMA DERNEĞI
IYD’s office are spread throughout Turkey and Syria as following:
- Turkey:Istanbul – Gaziantep.
- Syria:Aleppo – Idleb.
In science and work, pioneers in developing ways of life to draw smiles and instill hope.
To provide the best services to develop the affected societies, meeting the basic needs according to the international standards and within a unique ethical methodology.
- Respecting others
IYD strategic goals:
- Working on ensuring a decent life for all the affected people.
- Rehabilitation and construction of the damaged infrastructure.
- Securing the daily basic needs.
- Raising and revitalizing the capacities of the Syrian Civil Society.
Job Title: Safety and Security Officer.
Project / Department Title:Operations.
Direct supervisor / Reports to:Operations Manager.
Overall objective of the job:
The Safety & Security Officer leads all oversight, direction, and delivery of all safety & security regulations and standards. besides, security measures that are adaptable and respond to the context.
This includes but is not limited to: incident reporting & analysis and offering pro-active measures on safety and security, context analysis, staff training, improvements on existing systems of staff tracking, vehicle movement, communications and security/contingency planning.
The Safety & Security Officer will ensure context and risk analysis are conducted and risk mitigation measures are put in place as needed. The Safety & Security Officer plays a vital role in managing all security incidences and is a member of the crisis management team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Delivers and maintains an efficient and effective Safety & Security system, following the best models.
- Ensure that security systems are in place and functioning as needed, including incident & information reporting, travel tracking, communications protocols, etc.
- Ensure that all necessary staff is educated upon the use of security measures as needed and conduct periodic checks to ensure systems are functioning.
- Utilize the Security Management Plans, Contingency Plans, and SOPs and ensure that equipment and personnel are in place to support all plans (this includes re-location, hibernation, and evacuation plans).
- Ensure standardization in security systems amongst all field offices while adjusting for context, as necessary.
- Ensure that Security Management teams are aware of their decision-making responsibilities regarding security and that security decision making runs smoothly.
- Work with SMT to ensure all incidents are managed in such a way to minimize any impact on staff and the organization.
- Conduct comprehensive security/risk assessment in potential new projects’ sites, as necessary.
- Conduct regular meetings with designated staff to ensure safety & security concerns are being met.
- Represent IYD with external and internal stakeholders as needed.
- Performs other assigned tasks within the overall scope of his/her role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint in a professional way.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational, multitasking, and time-management skills.
- The ability to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines.
- At least 4 years’ working experience in Safety & Security environment or similar.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people.
- Proven administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain accurate records.
Training in the field of Safety & Security.
Physical and personality traits required:
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaboratively with team members to achieve objectives.
How to apply
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
We are strongly encouragingfemalesto apply for this position.
- Applicants should be (Turkish National Only).
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.