Training Agency: Strategic Edge International
Registration deadline: 31 Oct 2018
Training date: 02 Nov 2018 to 03 Nov 2018 —
The VEPT (Violent Environment Preparedness Training) is a UK-certified security training with first aid component. Strengthening personal security in non-permissive environments is the primary aim of the VEPT. This 2-day intensive training provides exposure to understanding, adapting, and tackling the challenges of the operational environment, thereby building staff resilience and enabling successful completion of their mission, while ensuring their safety and welfare. This course serves NGO requirements because the VEPT is:
- Certified in the UK by the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning (ITOL). The First Aid component is certified by NUCO Training Center UK.
- Endorsed by the Centre for Education and Research on Humanitarian Action (CERAH), a joint center of the University of Geneva and The Graduate Institute, Switzerland. Portions of the VEPT are included in CERAH’s Certificate of Advanced Studies program.
- Meets the needs and requirements of humanitarian personnel who are already operating in the crisis area. Context-specific, enriched by field experiences of its instructors, course developers, and role-players, thereby tailored to the context of Iraq.
- Abides by humanitarian principles and developmental aid guidelines, as it was conceived and developed by humanitarians.
- Enables organizations to comply with the Minimum Operating Standards of Security (MOSS) that help prevent injury and loss of life, perform duty of care to staff, prevent litigation and reputation damage, and above all, meets the ethical and moral standards expected of an aid agency or NGO.
- Helps fund the Psychosocial Support Center for Women and Children in West Mosul, and also frontline medical response from our volunteers.
Strategic Edge International, or SEI, is a Swiss social enterprise that focuses on safety and security for humanitarian and aid workers in high-risk environments, including wars, disasters, and complex emergencies. Based in Zurich and operational in the ASIA and MENA regions, SEI is a group of highly trained, experienced, and ready-to-deploy security professionals specialized in serving the needs of clients in non-permissive environments. We are unique in that we maintain neutrality, impartiality, independence, and social responsibility. To date, Strategic Edge has served over 40 international NGOs, mostly in Iraq, with over 2,000 staff trained in the past 2.5 years.
Course fee: $350 per person. Includes: certified instructors, digital presentations for downloading, use of equipment and training materials, professional certification from Institute of Training & Occupational Learning, NUCO-accredited first aid training on Basic Life Support. Not included: Lunch / tea/coffee breaks. Not included: food and accommodation. (Cost of lunch buffet at the hotel: $16 per person per day).
Please email us at:
We will then send you the training agenda, instructions on venue, and a pro-forma invoice.
This course is in high demand. Please register early, as we limit the class size in order to maximize the quality and learning opportunity for participants.
And because seats are limited, please understand that cancellation within 48 hours prior to the course will result in a fee of 20% of the training cost.