Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Information Technology Assistant (IT Assistant)
Duty Station : Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 5,2021
Reference Code : VN 2021/002 GT
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Accounting and Finance Administrator in coordination with the Head of Global User Support Panama and the general supervision of the Chief of Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide support with the installation and maintenance of servers, computers, and peripherals in IOM Guatemala. Ensure that the latest approved updates are deployed; including the monitoring of WSUS and antivirus systems
- Assist with the monitoring of the WAN and local network equipment (e.g. firewalls, switches, Wi-Fi access points)
- Assist with the administration of servers including VMware, Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange Server.
- Serve as first level and frontline for helpdesk technical support requests, interacting with local users to provide assistance and troubleshooting.
- Assist with system upgrades and IT infrastructure changes securing compliance to ITC Standards and in close coordination with ITC Central Teams in Panama, Manila or Geneva.
- Provide the necessary support and maintenance of corporate information systems
- Provide induction, guidance and training on IOM systems, devices and network usage to end-users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems
- Help to maintain an IT inventory of active and retired equipment, including regular updates to the technical documentation of IT network
- Attend daily monitoring and adequate completion of servers’ backup
- Perform other related functions as required
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
• University Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Microsoft Certification (MCITP or above) in Windows Server and/or Active Directory. Other industry certifications such as CCNA, VCP or ITIL are a distinct advantage.
• A minimum of four years of relevant experience in Windows Server system administration and LAN/WAN networking environment.
• Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network and communication equipment troubleshooting.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail address: email@example.com by February 5th, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Personal History Form optional.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5th, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
KEEP IN MIND:
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.