Organization: Acceptance International
Closing date: 15 Jan 2019
Volunteer Human Resources Support Coordinator
A short-term position to support the field based team to recruit and deploy staff, quickly and effectively.
- Sift CV’s and applications
- Interview staff
- Issue recruitment and termination documentation for staff, consultants and volunteers
- Preparation and distribution of reference application requests
To conduct office based administrative tasks as directed by Acceptance International staff in a logical, professional and timely manner using one’s own initiative, modern technology and hard work.
Please see the website below for an introduction to Acceptance International.
The job is a home based role. While many tasks can be completed from a home base, movement around the work location and to a coworking space or office may be required.
Willingness to travel to Ukraine and other areas of instability would be an advantage, though not essential
Due to limited management and mentoring capacity within the organisation, only nationals and residents of the following countries and territories will be considered for shortlisting.
Afghanistan, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Croatia, Czechia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Zimbabwe.
Usually 4 -10 hours per week
During office hours, Monday to Friday however, due to the nature of the work irregular working hours may be required especially during crisis management and response to emergencies.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
(If you do not have any of these, do not apply):
· An interest in Humanitarian Activities and their principles.
· Willingness and indeed enthusiasm to adhere to both the ICRC Code of Conduct and Humanitarian Principles.
· An impartial working ethos especially is the relation to the current Conflict and imposition of martial law, and the humanitarian situation in Ukraine.
· Understanding of the importance of neutrality and willingness to embrace the concept in all aspects of work
· Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
· Excellent computer literacy, including fast and accurate word processing, good presentation skills and use of e-mail, electronic diaries and online communication tools (Skype).
· Excellent verbal communication skills to deal with others tactfully and effectively over the telephone, in writing and in person
· High level of self-confidence and ability to work independently
· A flexible approach to work, an understanding of team working and the willingness to be an active and supportive member of the team
· An awareness of the challenges of distance support and cultural differences, and the ability to work in a collaborative and participatory way with colleagues
· Ability to solve problems and work under own initiative and see tasks through to completion, particularly when in a pressurized environment, ability to multi-task
· Good English language writing skills, with accurate grammar and spelling
· A good level of numeracy
· A commitment to equal opportunities
· Strong ability to plan and organize.
· The ability to understand, and execute complex written and verbal instructions.
· Maintain confidentiality at all times
· Honest and trustworthy with the highest standards of personal integrity
· Ability to remain calm and professional even during emergencies and stressful situations
· Deliver excellent and satisfactory customer service, externally and internally.
· High standards and good quality of work even under pressure and when required to adhere to tight deadlines.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
· Ukrainian and Russian, language skills
· Previous work in an office environment highly desirable.
· Certified translator English / Russian
· An educated understanding of the current situation in Ukraine, Syria, South Sudan, Kenya
· A knowledge of NGO’s, INGO’s, and governmental organisations’ active in Ukraine.
Role and Responsibilities
· Attending meetings with organisation members (if practical)
· Budget preparation and reporting
· Budget Tracking for different projects
· Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining the cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, making adjustments to plans.
· Document translation or arrangement of document translation
· Event Management and Diary Management
· Maintaining files and records
· Maintaining a database of paperwork, documents and computer-based information
· Maintaining a schedule of meetings and appointments
· Maintaining an enjoyable and clean working environment
· Monitor office operations
· Ordering and maintaining equipment supplies
· Organizing both internal and external events as directed by Managers.
· Preparation of letters and emails
· Preparing reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals and correspondence
· Schedule appointments and meetings for the Managers
· Scheduling interviews and meetings on behalf of the Managers as and when required.
· Set own work schedule, based on office requirements
· Sorting and distributing incoming emails and organizing and sending emails.
· Use of the internet and liaising with external contacts to recruit and deploy staff
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
· Proven ability to learn and study (Degree level education ideal).
· Previous work experience supporting or assisting managers
· Proven ability to work independently.
· Must possess excellent organizational, grammar and very good oral and written communication skills.
Acceptance International Volunteer Positions would be suitable for
- Those taking a break from the field, but wish to be engaged in meaningful, humanitarian assistance work
- Injured and recovering personnel
- Those returning to employment from maternity/paternity leave
- Newly qualified graduates
- Professionals transitioning in their professional career
- Those studying similar fields especially in a research-based academic study
- Those with plans or desire to travel and be engaged in international humanitarian work
- Those motivated by the desire to contribute to projects with the intention of saving lives and alleviating suffering
- Visa support when travelling for professional purposes
- Positive references available on request (on completion of probationary period, and in line with required notice periods)
- Full-time consultancy rates of pay when engaged in short-term projects and contracts
- Accommodation and travel costs provided when travelling for organisation tasks
- Support for travelling and attending meetings and training with young children (if required)
- Registration on the consultants and emergency deployment roster
Incoming mobile telephone and suitable phone network reception
Wifi internet connection
Laptop computer with a microphone, speakers, skype Microsoft word, excel, internet browser and email access
Access to a vehicle would be an advantage
Fluent English language
For volunteer positions being able to commit to 4 – 10 hours of dedicated availability and work for the organisation per week.
Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Carers, Military Veterans, Refugees, those fleeing or seeking to flee Conflict and violence, those individuals injured or having experienced trauma as a result of Humanitarian or Public Service work, those persons who have have accessed protection and support for trafficked persons, survivors of domestic violence, Women and parents with young children are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply or for more information
How to apply
Please send the following documents to email@example.com with your full name and the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Important: Applicants must use the Job Title of the position they are applying for in the subject line of their application email.
An up to date and proof-read CV/resume specifically prepared in the application for this position
A cover letter which details the following
- A brief motivation for applying for the position
- What you hope to gain professionally, if successful
- Outline of professional experience and/or qualifications which are relevant to the position and organisation
- Detailing any professional fluency language skills which you may have
- The number of years or months you anticipate being available for the position
Please email a brief covering letter, first confirming that you have the essential skills & knowledge and then outlining any other information you wish to be taken into consideration.
We will reply to each applicant and invite those who are qualified to continue the process.
The recruitment process will be as follows
Stage 1 Application
Stage 2: Interview and Test/confirmation of claimed skills
Stage 3: contract – training