Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Being directly responsible for the design, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of WASH activities of Save the Children in the target communities of Save the Children in Dohuk – Zakho. the post holder will be working closely with with Department of Education and lead the implementation of SCIs program in the district, and special attention will be made on the integration of the WASH sector in other core sectors of Save The Children such as nutrition, food security, health, education and child protection.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: WASH officer
Staff reporting to this post: Incerntive based hygiene promoters
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: Water supply, Sanitation and hygiene promotion.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
* Contribute to needs assessments of prospective schools to inform program design.
* responsible for the design, establishment of work specifications and quotation, follow-up and evaluation of activities related to the construction of WASH infrastructures in public institutions and communities, such as: Construction or rehabilitation of sanitation facilities (latrines, incinerator, refuse pit, soakage pit…).
* Work closely with WASH officer to roll out the implementation of School WASH positive behavior change strategy.
* With the support of WASH officer, train school administrators and teachers in the Child Hygiene and Sanitation Training (CHAST) approach and oversee its implementation.
* Technical training of community volunteers, members of WASH committees, governmental staff and PTAs
* Working with WASH officer to implement community mobilization plans in target communities on issues related to construction, operation and maintenance of WASH facilities in schools are implemented.
* Strengthen School Management Committees to successfully operate and maintain school WASH infrastructure.
* Establish productive working relationships with school administrators and government officials to promote good WASH practices in schools.
* Monitor and ensure functionality of School WASH facilities, including improved water sources, latrines and hand washing facilities.
* Evaluate success of school intervention in accordance with organizational policy and maintain related data and records.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
* Verify that WASH infrastructure construction and rehabilitation works done by partners and contractor are carried out according to quality standards established by Save the Children through quality checklists.
* Ensure that donor compliance requirements are met by developing appropriate checklist.
* Plan and be responsible for the weekly reporting of data in order to follow up the standard project and strategic indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activities completed…)Reporting:
* Weekly reporting to the WASH officer, including key achievements and planning for the following week.
Integration, coordination and cross cutting issues:
* Ensure that construction works is integrated with hygiene promotion and community participation component, to ensure sustainability of the infrastructure built.
* Coordinate WASH construction activities with other sectors of Save the Children, in order to integrate activities in the same geographical area and for the same beneficiaries.
* Coordinate WASH construction activities with other local actors (governmental and non-governmental).
* Ensure the integration of gender, child protection, HIV, environment and other crosscutting issues to the design, implementation and development of WASH construction activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, the elderly and disabled.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: