World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: WASH Engineer Assistant / Technician
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support WASH projects by adapting and applying Field techniques, conducting tests and inspections, preparing reports and calculations.
I – Implementation
· Collects field data for various types of WASH activities using manual or electronic survey devices and test equipment’s
· Monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards , building codes and specifications
· Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment and elevation of structure and fixtures to ensure compliance to the design , building plans and codes
· Monitor installation of plumbing , wiring , equipment , and appliances to ensure that installation is performed properly and is in compliance with applicable regulations
· Assists the inspection, sampling, and/or testing of the construction materials , structures , fixtures and systems
· Carries, sets, and operates all equipment’s and survey related tools for assessment, monitoring maintenance and evaluation purposes
· Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs and marking the layout drawings
· Performs general maintenance on equipment’s , including calibration of instruments and inventory counts of all WASH items
· Support engineers to finalize the designs by providing the necessary information from practical and technical perspective
III – Capacity Building
· Work closely with engineers to provide technical expertise (e.g. mentoring monitoring, water quality, assessments) related to the planned infrastructure works carried out at each site
· Support WASH Assistants to utilize simple infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g. checklists).
IV – Information Management/Reporting:
· Report the daily progress of works to supervisor
· Submit regular reports related to the project’s WASH infrastructure to supervisor
V- Other Duties
Security management responsibilities:
· Responsible of the day-to-day security management
· Abide by the security procedures and policies and report any breaches
· Participate in personal safety training as required
· Be aware of emergency procedures in a response,
· Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally, if any
· Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture events and other organizational events
· Perform other relevant tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
· Knowledge of the practices and materials used in basic engineering work.
· Knowledge of the practices and materials used in engineering work.
· Knowledge of engineering terminology.
· Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written instructions.
· Ability to use and maintain equipment.
· Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to maintain favorable public relations
· 2-3 years’ experience in an infrastructure project (Fully aware of the technical details in order to get the work done)
· Ability to travel across the country regularly for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation
· A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required
· Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
· Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
· A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
· Full adherence to security protocols
· Experience working collaboratively in a team
· 90% Field work; 10% Office work