Organization: World Federation of United Nations Associations
The World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is a global nonprofit organization working for a stronger and more effective United Nations. Established in 1946, we represent and coordinate a membership of over 100 United Nations Associations and their thousands of members. We work to build a better world by strengthening and improving the United Nations, through the engagement of people who share a global mindset and support international cooperation – global citizens. Our organization has offices at the United Nations in both New York and Geneva and hosts interns in both locations. www.wfuna.org
The Intern will provide support to the Officer in charge of educational programs and trainings, and participates to the general tasks of the office of WFUNA in Geneva.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting with trainings and educational events
- Drafting contents for educational events or trainings
- Helping with management and coordination of events
- Creating PPT and Prezi
- Assisting with the budget management and drafting reports
- Outreaching to potential sponsors, donors, and partners
- Assisting with grant applications
- Research on the different program-related topics
- Representing WFUNA at UN meetings and events, and sharing relevant information with interested UNAs
- Assisting with website management and contributing written materials to WFUNA’s website and social medias
- Attending sessions of the Human Rights Council and other UN agencies
- Office maintenance
- Preparing the daily news scan shared with all WFUNA staff and interns
- The WFUNA Secretariat office is located within the Palais des Nations, the United Nations building in Geneva. The Intern will have access to the United Nations building, conferences and events, and resources such as the UN Library.
- This position offers an excellent networking opportunity – the Intern will be able to make contact with UN staff, diplomats, UNA members, academics, and NGO representatives, and meet other interns from around the world who are working at the UN.
Experience and competencies required:
- Background in education, domestic or international human rights, international relations or political science;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of another UN language is a plus;
- Previous conference management experience;
- Good knowledge of PPT, Prezi, Salesforce and Illustrator;
- Strong interest in the UN and its values;
- Strong writing, drafting, public speaking and computer skills;
- Flexibility, autonomy, curiosity and capacity to adapt to an international environment;
- Involvement in student affairs, non-profit organizations and familiarity with the UN system is beneficial.
Current enrollment in university studies in a relevant field, including education, international law, international relations or political science;
Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application.
Starting date: mutually agreed date.
Duration: 3 months (renewable)
Full time (but possibility of part-time as well, to be discussed)
WFUNA is committed to equality of opportunity and encouraged applications from all individuals regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, or ethnicity.